5.0 out of 5 stars A truly moving book of Anne Frank's family and her life
Published on 29 May 2002

Published 15 months ago by Isabella

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly moving book of Anne Frank's family and her life, 29 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Anne Frank's Story (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to any girls or teenagers who are interested in Anne Frank or the second world war. It is a good idea to read this book before starting to read the diary; as it gives a good description of Anne Frank's life before moving into hiding, her friends and her family. Anne was obviously a real flirt, and at times I laughed out loud at the things she did! But at others I almost cried to hear what happened in Anne Frank's life and other jewish childrens' when they moved to concentration camps. You can really sense what it would of been like before moving into the annexe, and then what kind of atmosphere there would of been in it. It also describes exactly what happened when the nazis found Anne and her family, and what it would of been like in the concentration camps. It is very moving to hear how Margot dies and what people really went through in the war, and shows how cruel the nazis really were.
A wonderfully sad tale, and yet a good one, to anyone who's never felt safe or has ever wondered about how life must of been for poor Anne during the second world war.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great biography for children (and parents), 28 Feb 2010
Jacs (South East) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne Frank's Story (Paperback)
I'm reading this with my daughter aged 8, and we are both really enjoying it. Plenty of detail without being too onerous for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal introduction, 24 Sep 2011
This review is from: Anne Frank's Story (Paperback)
Bought before trip to Amsterdam so that grandson would have a clearer understanding of Anne's story before we went to visit the house. It was a good move because the whole experience meant more to him having increased background knowledge and details. A moving story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for children, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Anne Frank's Story (Paperback)
Perfect to read with a child before embarking on the real Anne Frank Story. Purchased for my 7 and 10 year and we are enjoying reading this story and although still upsetting its a gentler introduction to the horror that Anne Frank suffered. Would recommend reading this before the real diary.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderfully colourful account,of a sadly, short life., 23 Jan 2014
I loved this book and the author did a wonderful job of giving the reader an indepth insight into Anne Frank's life as well as other people who were touched by Anne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating reading, 19 Sep 2013
Mrs. Joanna Barriball (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne Frank's Story (Paperback)
As we're off to Amsterdam on a city break, and intending to visit Anne Frank's house, I wanted to refresh my memory of her story - to appreciate what we were going to see.
Well written, factual and concise - perfect summary of her life story - without being the actual diary.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but it could have had more information about the story of anne frank, 14 July 2013
I thought that this was interesting but was about the facts about who she was where she lived her family and more. I was hoping to read a bout the story of her diary instead of her details. It is very interesting if you are the kind of persons who wants to learn about the history side of her but i would recomend to read the diary if you want to learn about her experiences during her time in her hideout. I rated it 3 stars because i did learn quite a lot but I would have found the actual diary more interesting,
I hope this helped,
Bella

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 30 April 2013
S. Reading (UK) - See all my reviews
This was recommended as a book to read before embarking on the actual diary. As a 44 year old there are many things I haven't understood about the Holocaust and what Hitler did but this really explains everything. Well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving story, 17 April 2013
Anne Frank's story is just outstanding! Because of what she's been though and how she has coped with it, Anne Frank has become my rolemodal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for my Grandaughter, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anne Frank's Story (Paperback)
This book was bought for my grandaughter and she has found it very interesting. The book arrived very quickly and I am pleased with the purchase

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Anne Frank's Story
Anne Frank's Story by Carol Ann Lee (Paperback - 31 May 2001)