5.0 out of 5 stars Toddlers and beyond will love this book.
Both our 3 year old and 5 year old love this book. It is taken out everyday without fail - even when there's no time for a story, we are asked for "just a quick one" from it. 'When Daddy fell into the pond' is probably the absolute favourite, but the choice is wide and varied. The biggest problem is the fight over which poem to read next.
Published on 3 Jun. 2000 by alisonmay65@hotmail.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Eagerly Awaited, But Very Disappointed When it Came
Actually, I don't like it, and neither do my young children (4 and 5). The poems are neither engaging nor interesting. Usually it's possible to find some material that pleases in an anthology, but this was not the case for us. I had hoped for a lot better after having read other, very positive reviews. (We didn't like Spike's 'Silly Verse for Kids' either, which has...
Published 8 months ago by Ramus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddlers and beyond will love this book., 3 Jun. 2000
alisonmay65@hotmail.com (Western Isles, Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars the Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems, 10 Jan. 2010
Mrs. Deanna Treece (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
This was bought for one of my grandsons aged 5 and a bit. He had already read something similar from the library which he had really enjoyed and asked for this at Christmas. I have enjoyed reading some of the longer poems to him he reads the rest. I would recommend this mainly because of the different types and lengths of the poems the illustrations are very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to encourage beginner readers, 20 Jun. 2012
My five and a half year old granddaughter usually drags her feet when I suggest reading practice, though she loves being read to. However, she loves reading these poems. The language is simple enough for her to read with help, there are short ones and long ones, and lots of illustrations too, which makes it look appealing and accessible. She is just getting into humour, and having picked her way through a short poem, was delighted at the funny punchline, and wanted to practise it so she could read it aloud fluently to her grandpa. And then another and another. We got it from the library, but I have now ordered our own copy from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars puffin book of fantastic first poems, 6 Oct. 2009
I like it ,because it's include nice colour pictures with rymes .easy to understand for early age group children also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 13 Jan. 2013
It is a surprisingly thick book packed with poems. I expected a thin paperback, but it has a range of topics for children to pick from, is well organised, and uses a diverse range of rhyming language. Great for pre school development with language. The illustrations are also very interesting and open up lots of conversations. Am sure this will get use for years as it is for a range of age groups and meaning will change as my son gets older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 3 July 2010
My five year old son was given a similar book and he enjoyed it so much I got him this one for his birthday. Out of all of his books this is his favourite and he even takes it into school and his teacher has read some poems outloud. Lots of lovely poems and illustrations. Good bedtime reading as most of the poems are nice and short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely first poem book, 14 Jan. 2014
Pot pourri (Epping, Essex) - See all my reviews
Bought for my four year old granddaughter. She took to it immediately despite other Christmas present vying for attention and was pointing out poems which attracted her and asking to hear them. Really pleased I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect introduction to poetry, 4 Dec. 2008
I bought this book together with the audio CD for my 2,5 year old son recently and despite my apprehension (about poems in general) it's been one of his firm favourites since then. The illustrations are colourful and funny, and the poems maintain his interest all the way through. Also, the voices on the audio CD are simply fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Puffin book of First poems, 31 Dec. 2009
B. Hindocha "Books" (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for a young child and she loves it. It is a perfect first poems books. I would recommend it to all parents who are interedted in teaching their children poetry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 21 Nov. 2013
My 5yr old is really enjoying this introduction to poetry. We bought it after his teacher said it was a good way to expand his reading ability and it seems to be working.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry)
The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry) by June Crebbin (Paperback - 3 Aug. 2000)