4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
The book Bumface by Morris Gleitzman is a very funny and amusing book. I would recommend that anyone below the age of twelve does not read this book as it contains scenes for an older age of person. The book is very amusing . This book had me falling off my chair with laughter and although this book is quite funny, it is also very rude. It is about a boy called Angus who...
Published on 27 May 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars a warning rather than a review
My 9 year old daughter read the book (it is marked as suitable for age 9 to 12). She enjoyed it, but the questions she asked me about intra-uterine devices and various other forms of contraception made me wonder whether a 12 to 15 age rating might be more appropriate!
Published on 24 April 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever read!, 16 Feb 2001
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
I first read this book at the age of 11. Before that I was never interested in reading, but the book changed all of that. It opened a whole new world for me. I could not put the book down once I had started. This book led me to discover the greatest gift in the world: The power of words.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was fab., 15 Jun 1999
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
I thought Bumface was really fab. It's my favourite book that I've ever read in my life. It was quite funny, and you could learn a lot from it about people and getting on together.My best bit was when Rindy got married. I always read a chapter a night, in fact sometimes 2 or 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant book well worth reading., 15 Jan 2001
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
This book is about a boy called Angus Solmon. At school Angus' nickname was Bumface. Every dayn afterschool Angus had to collect his brother Leo from the infants and his little sister Imogen from Nursery, take them home and cook there tea, give them both a bath and put them to bed. The reason he had to do this was because their mum was a tv star and she worked at the tv studio late and she was hardly ever home. When she was at home she was usually asleep, so Angus, Leo and Imogen only really saw her when she was on tv. At school Angus really wanted to be in the school play but the rehearsals were after school so he he had to ask either Imogens dad, leos dad or his own dad if they could look after Leo and Imogen. when Angus asked the three dads they all said no, soAngus couldn't be the main part in the school play. Find out what happens to Angus in this funny exciting book. By Jenny Eltringham and Ashley Golder-

4.0 out of 5 stars A great quick read for 8-12 year olds, 20 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Bumface (Hardcover)
It is a story of a pirate loving eight year old who has to spend most of his spare time looking after his younger brother and sister.It has a great gripping storyline .It is a very quick read and would advise it to any humour loving reader.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bumface a bit old, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
I bought this as a book for mny nephew's 8th birthday. He is NOT old enough to read this. Especially according to his parents. I disagreed until I read the book myself.

Its hilarious but the opening pages include a sex-ed class. :-/

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, 4 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Good'ay. This is one of the best book's I've read. I think Morris Gleitzman is one of the best childrens author. I would recommend this book for anyone with a good imagination. Ages 10-12.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 23 April 2000
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
This book was excellent, but It's content is very controversial like all Gletzman books. For the older of readers definately.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books)
Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) by Morris Gleitzman (Paperback - 4 Mar 1999)