4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
The book Bumface by Morris Gleitzman is a very funny and amusing book. I would recommend that anyone below the age of twelve does not read this book as it contains scenes for an older age of person. The book is very amusing . This book had me falling off my chair with laughter and although this book is quite funny, it is also very rude. It is about a boy called Angus who...
Published on 27 May 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars a warning rather than a review
My 9 year old daughter read the book (it is marked as suitable for age 9 to 12). She enjoyed it, but the questions she asked me about intra-uterine devices and various other forms of contraception made me wonder whether a 12 to 15 age rating might be more appropriate!
Published on 24 April 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read for 10-12 year old, 2 Nov 2010
Victoria Bodgers (Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
This is a good read for a 10 to 12 year old. No way near as good as Two Weeks with the Queen but they will be able to read it independently and it will make them laugh.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bumface a bit old, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
I bought this as a book for mny nephew's 8th birthday. He is NOT old enough to read this. Especially according to his parents. I disagreed until I read the book myself.

Its hilarious but the opening pages include a sex-ed class. :-/

5.0 out of 5 stars My 11 year old says this is the best book he's ever read!!, 14 Mar 2008
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
My son is a reader, he reads a book a night... this one he has read over and over, he says it's the best book he's ever read. Not for the faint hearted, I'm sure it's due to the fact he relates to the toilet humor and rude bits, but hey... they need an outlet at this age and how great if it's in the form of book.

A must buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've ever read, 30 April 2006
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
So says my daughter, although I have to admit that reading it with her, I enjoyed it just as much myself. Touching, funny, and unputdownable. You could imagine there are some poor kids in real life out there who, like Angus, are in the same boat struggling to look after their younger siblings. Great stuff if you don't mind explaining to your child what contraception is all about!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is so not for just over 12's it's for over 9's, 21 Sep 2005
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
Angus Solomonis the main character in this brilliant story by Morris Gleitzman, he is 12 years old and has 2 younger children 2 look after, (WARNING:DO NOT read this book if you are strong on whats fair and whats not, because this book is VERY unfair) it is a bit rude and don't read it if you are 8 and under because it might offend ur parents.Angus meets Rindi one day after school, and he thought HE had problems...
Read this book if u like books on family problems and everyday life.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!!, 17 May 2003
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
This book is about angus, a boy who has two cook, clean and look after his 2 younger siblings every single day. His mom, gets a new boyfriend and Angus knows that if he dosent do something fast his mum is going to get pregnant again. So he devises a plan for her not to concieve and on the way meets Rindi, and he begins to take a fresh look at life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book in the world nothing is this good, 6 Jun 2001
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
This magical book is the best I have ever read. It is high above my age group which is probably why I enjoyed it so much that I nearly fell off my chair with enjoyment.I hope this encourages younger readers to read more adult books.This book is great and deserves more stars than 5 for its average rating so thats why i'm writing this reveiw.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!, 14 May 2001
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
A highly educational book that deals with realistic problems faced in todays families. Keeps children and adults alike gripped and wanting more. Role-reversals of gender and maturity, culture differences, an "un-nuclear" family, contraception, school ...... everything a young person in this day and age needs to know. Well worth buying to read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever read!, 16 Feb 2001
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
I first read this book at the age of 11. Before that I was never interested in reading, but the book changed all of that. It opened a whole new world for me. I could not put the book down once I had started. This book led me to discover the greatest gift in the world: The power of words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book for a 10 year old...great story and so funny!, 14 Feb 2001
This review is from: Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) (Paperback)
The entry to the story is immediate and the laughter doesn't stop... it's a hard book to put down. The story line is fast and varied with many hilarious characters. 'Bumface' (who is around 12 years old) looks after his younger siblings after school every day. Bumface is the 'man of the house' as his rather useless divorced father puts in frequent hopeless appearances, the mother is a stressed and overworked TV presenter. The book is not so dissimilar from Adrian Mole. Highly recommended!

Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books)
Bumface (Puffin Teenage Books) by Morris Gleitzman (Paperback - 4 Mar 1999)
4.79