4.0 out of 5 stars A family conversation
Published on 14 Nov 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Great read
it was good to read of Rosa's own experiences during segregation. It's hard to imagine that what took place was so recent. The fight for racial equality still goes on. Read this and learn about the struggle so far.
Published 10 months ago by Sally Watson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A family conversation, 14 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
Throughout reading the book, it felt like having a simple conversation with Rosa Parks herself - like a conversation that a mother would have with her daughter. I read it in one sitting and I enjoyed it and it made me realise how much courage and determination black people in those days had to have for me to be treated the way I am - equally - even though I live in England. I just wish I knew the real Rosa Parks more because the book does exactly what it says on the tin - tells her story - but it doesn't tell us who she was as a person except when describing her childhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
This book delves straight in to Rosa parks and the event that made her famous.great book with a lot of insight.will highly recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and fills the gaps!, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
I was always very interested in the civil rights movement, but never had very good knowledge - I just knew the view of M. L. King, and that was it. This story fills the gaps and shows you the history from different angle. It's simply written, organized and it takes you into the story very easily. If you are interested in this part of world history, this is a must-read, I guess. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
Such a good read, I literally can't put it down! I definitely recommend it for people interested in the history of African-American civil rights or for those doing an a-level in history.

4.0 out of 5 stars Part of history, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
An insight in to a well known slice of history, told from a brave unassuming women who knew right from wrong and stood up for right. A David and Goliath story. All credit to her and others. Not that long ago in the scheme of things. Without people like Rosa Parks, nothing would change. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, 5 Feb 2010
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
I am still reading this book and finding it worthy of reading. I hope to finish reading this book soon. It is a very nerve recking story and reading it will help me understand life in its wider context. Great stuff inside and will recommend everyone to try owning one of this fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent portrait of humanities struggle for moral goodness, 17 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
a nice book, easy to read and understand. A great message and insight into Rosa's story. Well worth reading but can be read in an hour. I wouldn't purchase it, but rent it from a library

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILL, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
If you want to know about Rosa Parks and her fight for freedom, please get this easy to read book which is full of pictures. Excellent. I would recommend this book

4.0 out of 5 stars Social History, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
Ms Parks experiences provide a valuable insight into the racial tensions of her times. She met many of the notable figures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting good service and in really good condition, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rosa Parks: My Story (Paperback)
Very interesting and easy to read to find out about the history of black people in Alabama in the 40/50/60/and 70's. Just gave a little taste of what it was really like and how much we in Europe didn't know about what was happening

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rosa Parks: My Story
Rosa Parks: My Story by James Haskins (Paperback - 31 Jan 1999)