4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this
I had never hear of the author previously and thoroughly enjoyed reading this.When you read this book remember the era during which it was written and the readership it was written for. Books like this are something of a window to the period.Not as tedious as some Victorian writers!
Published on 24 July 2012 by readerman

1.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the books was really bad
Published 7 months ago by marium

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this, 24 July 2012
readerman (West Midlands) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret and lies, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library) (Paperback)
If you're a fan of Wilkie Collins and sensation novels, then this is a book for you. It includes all of the good things that you need in a thriller - fast paced, shock twists and turns, suspense and scandal, which keeps you guessing right to the end. Whereas some nineteenth century novels can take a while to warm into the story, Lady Audley's Secret gets right into the action from the start. This is a book that focuses on everything from greed and pride to madness and superstition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Audley's Secret, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library) (Paperback)
A hugely enjoyable read. It's a Victorian Mills and Boon-cum-detective novel and perfect for those times when you just want to relax and be entertained.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who done it with a difference., 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library) (Paperback)
Interesting on many levels. We think we know who done it, the question is how will she get away with it. The plot works itself out wonderfully and we can still be surprized. As a modern reader there is much to think about around what was expected of women, can ambition tip into insanity and also the sexuality of the main male protagonist. The author herself had a fascinating life and is worth reading up on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this., 5 May 2013
This review is from: Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library) (Paperback)
I had to read this book as it was on my uni list. I wasn't keen at first as I'm not a fan of the old stuff but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Also, this version has a bigger font than most classic books so it was nice not to have to strain my eyes for once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Audley's Secret, 24 Mar 2014
Excellent.

Isee no reason why I should waste my time composing
when the word which I have used above is sufficient

1.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the books was really bad, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library) (Paperback)
I bought this book as a gift for someone and I had purchased it before but from a different seller and I was happy with the quality so I ordered another one but from a different seller. The quality of the book was sooooo bad, the front cover was so rough and looked as if it was used or something and I was so embarassed to gift it. I would not recommend this to anyone one, or at least not from this seller. Normally the penguin library books have a really good cover texture, its really soft and clean, however, this one was no way near the other ones and was like a fake edition/copy.

Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library)
Lady Audley's Secret (Penguin English Library) by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (Paperback - 26 April 2012)