5.0 out of 5 stars All Of Alice
People tend to lump "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass (and What Alice Found There)" into one collection which has taken on the new title of "Alice in Wonderland". This is probably a product of the movies, which took bits and pieces from each and made a composite adventure. This was possible, because Lewis Carroll (a.k.a. Reverend Charles...
Published on 28 July 2009 by Dave_42

3.0 out of 5 stars Signet Classic - Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass
This edition is a good bargain at under £3; it includes the original Tenniel illustrations which give a great feel for the truly bizarre nature of Alice's journey. However, I have a few problems with its blurb, which for a start describes Alice as following a "hasty hare" underground, and spells "imaginitive", well, imaginatively. The essay by Martin Gardner is an okay...
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by Kate

‹ Previous | 158 59 6065 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars just not so wonderful without Tenniel's illustrations, 15 Mar 2012
I was expecting to see the familiar Tenniel illustrations - but they weren't there. And the mouse's tale had lost it's beautiful printed shape.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland !, 15 Mar 2012
I decided to offer this famous book to one of my friend. She is very happy to have discovered this one. I liked the fotos and the different versions of the real history ! I recommend it to all the people who are interesting in Alice !

4.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland, 13 Mar 2012
L. Law - See all my reviews
Book really worth the read but doesn't conjure up any more magic than the film, this maybe due to the fact that whilst reading the book to my child I couldn't help but compare it to my memory of the film. Having read the book I can't now help but wonder what my opinion would have been of the film had I read the book first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland, 17 Jan 2012
L. Wills (UK) - See all my reviews
Great Film, watched many times as a child and was desperate to see it again. After many years of searching found it now on DVD and can now enjoy with my daughter too
Have now ordered another one for my sister as we loved watching this together.
Great Cast, Great Songs
Can be a bit American - and very 1980's, but this, in my opinion, adds to the nostalgia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alices Adventure in Wonderland, 14 Jan 2012
D. Stockle - See all my reviews
Beauiful illustrations in this edition. Bought as a present and a keepsake. Excellent value. Having looked at other editions, if you are looking for this story with lots of illustrations and art work, this won't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Through Children's Eyes, 13 Jan 2012
David Fernandes (Portugal, Lisbon) - See all my reviews
Through fantasy, nonsense and talking creatures, Alice travels her Wonderland with no goal, accepting the unknown and always making questions. It is amazing how a small book can build such a rich world with such an heroine: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is not a children's book, is a mandatory all ages book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 3 Jan 2012
Thank you Kindle for making this a lovely free book! This is the 1st time I have read this magical tale of Alices adventures since I was a child and was transported back to Wonderland. Thoroughly enjoyable read

5.0 out of 5 stars '...what is the use of a book,' thought Alice 'without pictures...', 27 Dec 2011
The free kindle version on this page (the one with the cream and claret cover) does not contain the original illustrations by John Tenniel. If you would prefer to have them I would suggest the kindle version of 13 May 2011. It cost me 0.86p (at the time of writing). Personally, I think the illustrations are an integral part of the book.

Obviously, you don't need me to tell you that it's a classic and well worth your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Dec 2011
Very good read, such a wonderful classic. Its so easy to read on my new kindle and it was the first book I had read on there :). You get such wonderful images of what's happening that I could read it to my 4 year old sister and she thoroughly enjoyed it. I even dreamt about wonderland for 2 nights in a row. Definitely a must read!

4.0 out of 5 stars bailey, 15 Dec 2011
i got this for my daughters christmas, she is a big fan of alice in wonderland, the book is small in size looks delicate , i woundnt recomment this for a youngster more teenager to adult . I am very pleased with this purchase better than i thought esp because of the size.

‹ Previous | 158 59 6065 | Next ›