5.0 out of 5 stars Poems by heart
I have really enjoyed reading Poems by Heart and can now recite all of Daffodils by William Wordsworth and The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear.It is a handy handbag size and I carry it with me to browse through on my bus journeys to work.It has helped to pass many a rainy bus journey.
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by Ms. H. Henderson

2.0 out of 5 stars poetry without rhyme
couldn't quite get into this book of poems, although I normally find poetry quite relaxing...most of these works I found a little difficult to understand from a poetic point of view " very little seemed to rhyme " or perhaps I have a limited view on this subject. sorry, but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend
Published 19 months ago by Aileen

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems by heart, 6 Jan 2010
Ms. H. Henderson (London) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like having an old friend in one's pocket, 7 Sep 2010
This review is from: Penguin's Poems by Heart (Paperback)
This is a wonderful collection of poems. Yes, they're all very established - but that's the point. Each time you turn the page it brings a smile as another half-forgotten favourite is revealed. And I'd forgotten, too, how enjoyable it can be to learn a poem by heart and then to have it to mind whenever you want it. I can't recommend this collection highly enough - it even had a friend's teenage daughter rapt on a long coach journey from London to Bristol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely charming, 16 Oct 2010
This review is from: Penguin's Poems by Heart (Paperback)
"Poems by Heart" is a well-chosen anthology of old favourites, and is a brilliant book to keep by the bedside table! Provides a poem for every kind of mood or occasion, and really is just lovely to have. I was pleasantly surprised to see some of my favourite poems in it (such as "To Autumn" by John Keats) and poems that I loved studying at school, which brought back some nice memories! "Poems by Heart" is a charming collection, and I would recommend it for anyone's poetry collection, as it contains some true classics!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sweet Book, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Penguin's Poems by Heart (Paperback)
This is a sweet small book, it is attractive and has a good selection of poems, it was given to me as a present and I have since bought it to give to someone as a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Penguin's Poems by Heart (Paperback)
I origionally bought this as a gift for my sister but then I decided to buy one for myself. It is such a delightful book and contains all my favourite poems. I love dipping in and out of it and my sister loves it too. I'm so glad I bought this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars poetry without rhyme, 23 Mar 2013

Penguin's Poems by Heart
Penguin's Poems by Heart by Laura Barber (Paperback - 28 May 2009)