5.0 out of 5 stars All My Sons
Product was brand new and was of great help! Could not have passed my A-Level Language and Literature without it. Gives detailed notes on the book and focuses on key concepts and ideas, great for understanding and analysing the play.
Published on 20 Jan. 2011 by AylaPeri

2.0 out of 5 stars A plane wreck
I had to read this for a class and didn't particularly enjoy it. Unless you're prepared for three scenes of different perceptions on the american dream and unrealistic characters and situations, don't read it.
Published 16 months ago by Chris92

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Sons, 20 Jan. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Do unto others as you'd have done unto yourself, 24 Aug. 2001
This epic play shows us that we will pay for our actions in the end. The brilliant webs woven by Miller keep the reader's mind racing from one character to the next throughout. As the play progresses we learn about the guilt and hauntings of each individual - from the obvious to the subtle. Slowly and with drastic emotion, these webs fall apart and the frightening skeletons are revealed. The brutal end is a thunderous warning to us all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Play, 28 Aug. 2001
By A Customer
What goes around comes around in this beautifully crafted emotional ride. The play centres on greed and guilt but has a complex outer web of haunting and chilling events. The thunderous conclusion is a brutal reminder of the frailty of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Patriachal drama about the problems of the American Dream, 22 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: All My Sons (Audio CD)
'All my Sons' deals profoundly with the 'male' and the need to live up to American ideologies. The idea of the American Dream is really what motivates the action in the play.The protgonists are faced with an unclear distinction between material things and being loved by their family. The play contains the revelation of some explosive secrets that lead to upsetting family situations. The play at it's best is extremely observant, familiar and focuses on the problems that are caused from trying to live up to societys' expectations.Leaves you asking many questions but moving and captivating....

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful, 21 May 2006
Rob (Folkestone) - See all my reviews
I am doing this text for part of my AS Level and it is a great text, it is simple to read but at the same time has clever little comments that you could easily miss which are symbolic and very telling. Shame there does not seem to be any available copies of either of the two versions that I know have been made - Amazon please try and stock one of these items, it would certainly be appreciated by many AS Level students who have not seen a dramatised version, after all this is a play and not book. However, the play is a real marvel and is well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars You must read this book!!!, 9 Feb. 2006
By A Customer
I am currently studying ‘All My Sons’ for my English Literature AS level and I think it was a good decision for my teacher to make us study this.
At first I found the play a bit slow, but half way through Act One I found myself engrossed by the emotional characters and dramatic storyline beginning to unfold. I couldn’t put it down! Arthur Miller truly is a brilliant and talented playwright. ‘All My Sons’ is in my opinion one of his best works. I am eager to see a dramatised version!

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Sons, 17 Oct. 2010
This review is from: All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
I was very pleased with the condition of my purchase as well as the speed in which the delivery was made. There were no complications and I would certainly recommend Amazon's services to any that are in doubt when considering purchasing. As for the actual product, it was a necessity that I purchase it so that I could continue my studies of English at A Level; despite this however I believe that it was a great read: inspiring. I would definitely urge people in support of global reformation through the removal of 'self-destructive capitalism' to make it a must-read for it was a play ahead of its time: certainly more relevant to today's present climate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice for Students, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
As a student currently studying English, this makes the mark for the Drama/Play section.

With only 3 Acts, and a clearly defined storyline, it's easy to navigate and remember. Each 'scene' has its own key point(s) and for any Higher-level student, provides some good writing in essays.

Delivery was not a problem, less than 2-weeks from ordering, came sealed and damage free. At just over £5, it's a bargain considering other suppliers will charge nearly £10 including postage for the same item.

5.0 out of 5 stars A level text, 16 April 2014
This review is from: All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
I studied Miller's 'Death of a Salesman' previously for GCSE and he did not disappoint; his disgust for the American Dream is apparent in both books as money motivates the paternal characters, Willy Loman and Joe Keller, of both plays.
This play is straightforward, although the first Act is slow initially, the pace picks up later on with a dramatic revelation in the third Act.
I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
It is always a pleasure to re-visit a masterpiece. "All My Sons" is a must have for any admirer of classic drama. It is an outstanding work written by arguably the greatest playwright of the twentieth century. Miller's plays are performed all too infrequently in this country. Whilst the printed copy is a second best to a live performance, it is a spur to seek out the real thing.

All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics)
All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) by Arthur Miller (Paperback - 3 Dec. 2009)