5.0 out of 5 stars All My Sons
Product was brand new and was of great help! Could not have passed my A-Level Language and Literature without it. Gives detailed notes on the book and focuses on key concepts and ideas, great for understanding and analysing the play.
Published on 20 Jan 2011 by AylaPeri

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a text for German students learning English
All the play is there which is fine, but this is for German students and so the introduction, footnotes and other information is all in German. this needs to be made clearer.
Published 24 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Sons, 20 Jan 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Do unto others as you'd have done unto yourself, 24 Aug 2001
This epic play shows us that we will pay for our actions in the end. The brilliant webs woven by Miller keep the reader's mind racing from one character to the next throughout. As the play progresses we learn about the guilt and hauntings of each individual - from the obvious to the subtle. Slowly and with drastic emotion, these webs fall apart and the frightening skeletons are revealed. The brutal end is a thunderous warning to us all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Play, 28 Aug 2001
By A Customer
What goes around comes around in this beautifully crafted emotional ride. The play centres on greed and guilt but has a complex outer web of haunting and chilling events. The thunderous conclusion is a brutal reminder of the frailty of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Patriachal drama about the problems of the American Dream, 22 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: All My Sons (Audio CD)
'All my Sons' deals profoundly with the 'male' and the need to live up to American ideologies. The idea of the American Dream is really what motivates the action in the play.The protgonists are faced with an unclear distinction between material things and being loved by their family. The play contains the revelation of some explosive secrets that lead to upsetting family situations. The play at it's best is extremely observant, familiar and focuses on the problems that are caused from trying to live up to societys' expectations.Leaves you asking many questions but moving and captivating....

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful, 21 May 2006
Rob (Folkestone) - See all my reviews
I am doing this text for part of my AS Level and it is a great text, it is simple to read but at the same time has clever little comments that you could easily miss which are symbolic and very telling. Shame there does not seem to be any available copies of either of the two versions that I know have been made - Amazon please try and stock one of these items, it would certainly be appreciated by many AS Level students who have not seen a dramatised version, after all this is a play and not book. However, the play is a real marvel and is well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars You must read this book!!!, 9 Feb 2006
By A Customer
I am currently studying ‘All My Sons’ for my English Literature AS level and I think it was a good decision for my teacher to make us study this.
At first I found the play a bit slow, but half way through Act One I found myself engrossed by the emotional characters and dramatic storyline beginning to unfold. I couldn’t put it down! Arthur Miller truly is a brilliant and talented playwright. ‘All My Sons’ is in my opinion one of his best works. I am eager to see a dramatised version!

5.0 out of 5 stars My class loved it, 7 Jun 2014
It's very satisfying to see young people so involved in a piece of literature. The text really had them thinking, debating and questioning.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 27 May 2014
This was just as described. New.
I needed it for my English A-level exams so it was very useful!
Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A used copy with pencil notes, 22 May 2014
This review is from: All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
The used copy was well thumb..however the pencil notes that had been made by the original owner were very good and I used these notes and passed them on to my actors

5.0 out of 5 stars A level text, 16 April 2014
This review is from: All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
I studied Miller's 'Death of a Salesman' previously for GCSE and he did not disappoint; his disgust for the American Dream is apparent in both books as money motivates the paternal characters, Willy Loman and Joe Keller, of both plays.
This play is straightforward, although the first Act is slow initially, the pace picks up later on with a dramatic revelation in the third Act.
I would recommend.

All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics)
All My Sons (Penguin Modern Classics) by Arthur Miller (Paperback - 3 Dec 2009)