5.0 out of 5 stars love & re love, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Collected Poems (Penguin Modern Classics Poetry) (Paperback)
I wanted to buy a collection of this for years. I was intorduced to him at school & then I got distracted by Rossetti & Dante & Poe. But I love his simplicity & beauty. A nice publication & so glad I spent the money

5.0 out of 5 stars An Uninhibited & Grroundbreaking Read, 3 Dec 2012
A. J. Wells-deamer (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Wonderful poetry woven around urban and rural themes. There's great passion and compassion in Kavanagh's work. This collection brings together all the best of this poet's work, including his best known pieces, such as the epic 'A Great Hunger'. Read it; you'll be rewarded!

John W-D

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful poetry that encapsulates a man's struggle with the Ireland he lives in, 27 Jan 2014
I studied Kavanagh at A level, but I never thought I enjoyed poetry until I read some of his poems. His style and attitude is so typically Irish (in my humble, Irish opinion) and I can really relate to some of the themes of his poetry. I guess poetry is a subjective thing so I don't know how much good a review of it is, but I thoroughly enjoy reading this collection of poems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 28 Aug 2014
Wonderful landscape poet.

Collected Poems (Penguin Modern Classics Poetry)
Collected Poems (Penguin Modern Classics Poetry) by Patrick Kavanagh (Paperback - 25 Aug 2005)