Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2014
Styish and witty; I thoughroughly enjoyed Waugh's satire. I read it first twenty years ago and almost forgot what a pleasure it was, I can't wait to re-read the rest of his books.
on 12 December 2013
A beautiful crisp book, excellent ...... I am very pleased indeed, thank you - I shall add this to a collection of beautiful books .... I am pretty picky about books ....
on 1 March 2013
The book is in excellent condition and arrived at the time I was told. I am very disappointed in the story itself. Very light and not what I would expect from Waugh.
on 23 September 2013
An enjoyable read although not as humorous as The Loved One, Scoop or Decline and Fall. However I admire Waugh's work and feel inspired to read more.
on 21 February 2013
Wonderfully funny and timeless book, should be read by all schoolchildren over the age of fifteen. Evokes the period of the thirties in London
on 29 April 2008
what a fantastic book. It is a rarety when i find a book that i don't want to end because it's so good. This is one of them. A lovely gem which has started me on the path of more Waugh books. A great insight into the 1920's which is my favourite era.
on 10 February 2014
Evelyn Waugh at the top of his form. An amusing insight into the activities of the Bright Young Things. Recommended.
on 4 July 2013
I have read several of Evelyn Waugh's novels and this is equally entertaining. It takes you back to a bygone era.
on 7 October 2015
Well written, excellent observation of human frailties and wanting to be part of something.
on 6 January 2016
Genius of the highest order