Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 March 2013
Beautifully written, and the author's scholarship is evident but isn't presented in a dry and dusty way. Reread it twice, and will do again. Perfect for anyone who likes to eat and/or cook.
on 12 January 2014
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This wasn't too bad. It is a bit overlong but it is written in quite an engaging way. I learn a few things. It is a good book to dip into. Maybe I would have liked a slightly more dispassionate and academic approach.

I would probably rate this at three and a half stars if I could.
on 30 December 2015
Very easy to read, packed with information and history. I've learned a lot and the world of cooking makes a bit more sense now (for example where the american cup system comes from). Good read.
on 28 April 2014
Well written, interesting and well researched.

Grand read and some surprising information. She has a chatty informative style and her passion for her subject shines through.
on 2 May 2016
Always fascinated by why we eat what we eat and culinary cultural differences and this book is a great addition to my collection of books about food culture and history
on 4 August 2013
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book is a great insight into the story of our favourite kitchen gadgets and utensils that we use every day without even thinking about it....how did they evolve, and why?

this book will give a light and entertaining insight into all things kitcheny

Highly recommended
on 30 May 2013
Well received as a present for my 'foodie'. It was well received, my only criticism was few illustrations. However think it would make an interesting read.
VINE VOICEon 26 February 2014
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found this book to be diverting meander around the peripharels of kitchen life. A good book to dip in and out of rather than consume at one sitting
on 9 November 2013
Galloped through this and I am now going to read it more slowly to get the full flavour. Would recommend this to anyone interested in social history
on 20 May 2016
A must have for people interested in the history of food and food utensils. Very well documented and lots of bibliography for further reading.