4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same
Being a dyed in the wool Clarkson fan this tome was always going to meet my expectations. Politically incorrect as always and written with true tongue in cheek humour. I would vote for him as President.
Published on 17 Oct 2010 by Pipmeldrew

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Clarkson at his Best
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by P. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Clarkson at his Best, 5 Nov 2010
P. Evans (Stafford UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as my holiday read a couple of weeks ago; I was really looking forward to lying on my sun bed chuckling away to myself. I must say I was slightly disappointed, this is definitely not Clarkson at his best. Not as witty or as sharp as usual, and I thought he had chosen some strange subjects to deride. Saying all that he is still one of my favorite authors, and I agree with 99% of what he says. Looking forward to his next offering.

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 17 Oct 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Sample only - and a short sample it is too!, 29 Sep 2011
I generally like Clarkson's tv output and what I read of his For Crying Out Loud wasn't bad, so I gave this a whirl. The sample, having a very large font, is quite short with only about three articles reproduced from his newspaper column some years ago. I found them much the same as in the other book, but they were slightly more reasoned and well-observed in gist if equally absurd in tone (especially with the article on rebuilding the hospital). I can't say I laughed much, but then I guess the book is more about making a point than comedy per se. I'd give this about 3.1 stars, so it just has the edge over For Crying Out Loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars How Hard Can It Be ... to cobble together all your articles into a book? Turns out, it's not hard at all., 20 Sep 2011
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: How Hard Can It Be?: The World According to Clarkson Volume 4 (World According to Clarkson 4) (Paperback)
The first thing to say about this book is this: if you don't like Clarkson the TV persona, you won't like this book. If you do like Clarkson off the telly, then you will like this book.

The second thing to say is that this book is a collection of articles written for the Sunday Times over the course of 2009. So if you read his column, you've read this book.

Having covered these two points, I'd say that I enjoyed this collection just as much as the three previous volumes. This is the selection from 2009, which means that they are gradually becoming more current. There are quite a few references to Shannon Matthews, David Cameron and Gordon Brown, and provided you haven't been on the moon for the last three years, these articles should relate to events you can remember.

As with the other books, they are great in small doses, as all articles are basically the same length.

Recommended reading for fans of Clarkson, and one to avoid if you are not.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK toilet book, 21 Jun 2011
I'm a Clarkson fan. However, this series of books is becoming a bit long in the tooth. They've always been books to keep by the bog, as the chapters are two pages long. Just enough reading for me to finish my business. However, JC should consider writing some new material, rather than simply publishing his articles that many of us have already read in the Sunday Times. That said, these books will always sell well - and unfortunately that's all the publishers (and probably Jezza himself) want.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildly Amusing Nonsense, 19 Dec 2010
Mr. S. A. Brown "yentilsale1" (Kilmarnock, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I haven't read any of his other books so can't comment on how this relates to his other stuff, but I found this a pretty weak collection of rants and stories overall. It does have some quite funny bits, but it doesn't really have enough comedy overall for me to recommend it purely on that basis. Some of it falls into the classic "make an over the top statement then imply anyone who doesn't like it must be a PC Nazi" routine. These moments just seemed a bit forced and contrived for me, even if the targets are sometimes worthy of mockery.

Overall not bad, but not great. I'd hesitate to say it's one for his fans only.

2.0 out of 5 stars stale, scarcely funny,, 2 April 2011
Disappointing, having been a fan until now, this is JC not at his best. Reading these stale, artificially grumpy repetitions I get the impression he lost his punch, gives a crap about his readers and is now just out to make an easy pound. Time to become a politician.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition too expensive., 29 Jan 2011
At the time of writing the Kindle Edition is more than double the price of the paperback and more than three times the cheapest new price for the hardcover. So let's see:

No printing costs.
No packing costs.
No distribution costs.
Can't be copied.
Can't be lent.
Can't be re-sold used.

And yet mysteriously over-priced... someone is having their cake and eating it... and having bonus cake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy on Kindle - part of price fixing scam, 26 Dec 2010
Rosey Lea (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If you've loved the previous Clarkson column compilation books you'll probably love this.. although, even for a hardnosed fan like me, the law of diminishing returns is starting to appear, with columns not feeling quite so fresh and witty as before.

But please don't buy this on Kindle. It's MASSIVELY overpriced and part of an e-book price fixing scam currently being played out by a number of publishers. It's tough to enjoy a book when you've been utterly ripped off when buying it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Agree with Kindle buyers - A rip off, 10 Jan 2011
J. Reade - See all my reviews
I agree with the previous buyers or would be buyers who own Kindles. This is a total rip off by the publishers. Although it would be convenient on Kindle and I must admit I have bought more books than ever now because of ease and convenience I will wait for the old Car Boot sales to start and buy second hand refusing to buy any from Amazon where the publisher sets the price.

ARRAY(0xafdef33c)