4.0 out of 5 stars A light-hearted and enjoyable read, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Rules for a Perfect Life (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. It's a light read which didn't require too much thinking and the perfect book to sit down and unwind with.

The story is fairly simple - Maggie, a city girl suffers the effects of the recession and ends up moving to the country where she is faced with new tasks and people to contend with. She very quickly gets thrown into country life and has to adapt to the country way of living. Whilst in the country she meets an array of the villagers some of whom she takes to, others in which she does not.

I really liked the characters we were introduced to in the country with my particular favourites being Peg and Ted - they're wonderfully written characters who I could vividly picture in my mind and they're a great comedy duo. Six year old Polly is another brilliant character who is very well written and comes out with some great lines in the book.

Overall, this is a good light-hearted read which I would definitely recommend and I liked how it was all rounded off nicely for all the characters at the end of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 19 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Rules for a Perfect Life (Paperback)
Having read and really enjoyed Niamh's earlier books, I was looking forward to this new one. I did enjoy it, however I found it not quite as laugh out loud funny as the Housewife stories. All the books could be described as lightweight, but this book is perhaps more lightweight than the earlier ones.

Rules for a Perfect Life
Rules for a Perfect Life by Niamh Greene (Paperback - 16 Sept. 2010)
In stock on May 29, 2015