4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Ross, 25 Sep 2011
This review is from: NAMA Mia! (Paperback)
Firstly, Paul Howard should be congratulated for creating yet another searing account of Irish society, wrapped up in a delightfully hilarious package. Ross has matured like a bad wine,committing the same social faux pas's and moral crimes as he did as a 5th year student on the S. Unfortunately, his antics are at odds with the maturation of every other character in the book. This is a deliberate tactic on the part of the author but something doesn't add up. I'm in my mid twenties and I've grown up with Ross and the gang; I have immense affection and respect for this great example of Irish fiction. Throughout the book, I wanted nothing more than Ross to see the error of his ways and pay for his emotional and legal crimes and receive his comeuppance; the manner in which it arrives though, left me depressed beyond belief. Paul Howard has created yet another masterpiece; gripping, with his finger firmly on the national pulse. What a sad conclusion to the story though: anything left to believe in?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, stayed on top of release changes, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: NAMA Mia! (Kindle Edition)
Great Ross, as usual. Good product, love the Kindle's prompt delivery straight to the device, I pre-ordered the book about a month in advance and even though the release date was brought forward it arrived on my Kindle the day of the new release date. The illustrations came out perfectly too, it didn't miss a beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars I cracked my hole with laughter!, 30 Oct 2013
C. F. Boyle "Snodgrass" (Margam, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NAMA Mia! (Paperback)
Sharp as well-stropped razor, literally. Can't wait for the next one. The celtic tiger lives on. I loved the bit where he pleasures himself watching 'Loose Women'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: NAMA Mia! (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book! I read a lot of thrillers & stuff & this one was a bit out of the ordinary for me and I have to say it took me ages to read, mainly because I was laughing that much I couldn't see the words! Will definitely make a point of reading more of these my side's were sore. One of those books that u definitely couldn't read on public transport without some old dear offering u a tissue to dry the seat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ross is still on fine form, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: NAMA Mia! (Kindle Edition)
This latest installment of the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly saga is still as funny, perceptive and topical as the predecessors. Possibly not as good as some previous books (such as 'Should have got off at Sidney Parade' and 'This Champagen Mojito is the last I own') but still a pretty insightful, if ironic, look at the taming of the Celtic Tiger. A little too much focus on the sexual exploits of our protagonist compared to previous books but still had me laughing out loud in public places.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 11 April 2012
This review is from: NAMA Mia! (Paperback)
I've read all of the Ross books. I found that the series lagged a bit as Ronan grew up, but he's back on form in this book!

NAMA Mia!
NAMA Mia! by Ross O'Carroll-Kelly (Paperback - 3 May 2012)