5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading
Published on 17 Aug. 2012 by John C

Published 9 months ago by Flounder

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 17 Aug. 2012
John C (Spalding, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Adrian Mole 4) (Paperback)
After the departure in book 3, Sue Townsend makes a welcome return to the diary format for this period in Adrian's life. In the first half of the book, I found myself losing patience with the poor child but he quickly comes of age and redeems himself with the help of a good woman. With the loss of innocence the gentle humour of the first two books is not quite so apparent but Ms. Townsend continues to treat her hero with natural tenderness as he navigates the vagaries of life. It is twenty odd years since I read the Secret Diary and I was well rewarded by reacquainting myself with Adrian's thoughts and tribulations. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Now he's somewhat older his character seems less funny and more like someone with social awkwardness or aspergers, 20 Aug. 2014
I remember the initial books with fondness and the teenage angsts that Adrian wrote about seemed quite apt. Now he's somewhat older his character seems less funny and more like someone with social awkwardness or aspergers. I think I may have been a teenager when I read the inital books so maybe my humour has changed as I didn't 'get' it with this book. I did read it to the end but felt somewhat cringy whilst doing so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Dec. 2011
Ian Kelly "ian24287" (North West England) - See all my reviews
Great sharp wit as always. Sue has done us proud again with this insightful and funny look at this tragic lad's life. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

5.0 out of 5 stars Moley you rock!, 8 Nov. 2014
How I love Adrian. I have a tatty version of all the diaries but for some reason felt moved to buy a whole new set upon Mrs Townsend's death. I just keep returning to him any time I need cheered up. Deceptively cleverly written but so joyously easy to read. Sue you were a genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book but missing what happen after the second book and before the fourth book, 20 Jun. 2014
I understand the fourth book story line is different as they talk about a different Adrian...... not sure have not read it but the reviews was not good for book 3. This book is excellent Adrian is out of school and living the adult life and so on......

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 7 Jun. 2014
Another hilarious book in the Adrian Mole series. This book reverts to the diary format of books one and two. If you've battled through book three and are in two minds over purchasing the fourth, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Mole fair..., 20 April 2013
I can't recommend this book enough. For anyone who followed him through his teen years, this book effortlessly transports you right back to the fictional universe. I last read a book in this series over a year ago, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I remembered. The human patheticness of his continued chase after Pandora adds just enough emotion to a primarily humorous tale. You know what you're buying with Sue Townsend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 Sept. 2013
As always, Sue Townsend has written another hit for Adrian Mole. Well written and very funny - the sort of book you can pick up and put down anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Jun. 2013
SarahLouise4U (Cardiff, South Wales) - See all my reviews
You can't beat the Adrian Mole diaries, I have enjoyed every single boo. Sue Townsend never disappoints. Adrian is one of my favourite characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best of Adrian Mole, 9 Nov. 2013
This is a book that will keep you laughing from cover to cover and Adrian is the character that I have grown up with, some great cringe moments.

Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Adrian Mole 4)
Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Adrian Mole 4) by Sue Townsend (Paperback - 19 Jan. 2012)