4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
I didn't really know what to espect when I decided to read this novel. I have never played the game Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360), which this is based on, and only had a slim idea of what the game is about. I didn't have high hopes for this book, being a game tie-in I just hoped for a quick action packed read, and it did deliver on that score, and indeed was much...
Published on 10 Dec 2009 by M. Dowden

1.0 out of 5 stars Play the game again instead of reading this book
I actually bought this book from the Penguin Books website as soon as it came out. I was excited about the Assassin's Creed novels, ever since The Invisible Imam had been announced. Just think how much could have been told with the books that could not fit into the games! In my imagination the stories told on paper would let you revisit the beautiful, but limited scenes...
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by Jessie

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (Paperback), 16 April 2010
T. Phillips (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (Paperback)
Got this for my 12 year old Son as he is a fan of the PS3 game. I was worried it might have been to complex for him but he loved it and read it in a matter of days! He said it explained some things in the game in more detail. His friend read it straight after him and he really enjoyed it too.
Good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars asassins creed, 19 Jun 2010
Luke Thrower (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (Paperback)
i was intrested to see what the book would have to offer , or wether it was as i expected it to be , the game in words.
Thankfully it wasn't , this book contains a lot more meetings between characters like christina and ezio , how they met and more background leading up to the assassinations. The book is 515 pages long ( there is a extensive glossary of italian words used in the book) and took me a few weeks to read over evenings.

===Story===
This is an accompniment to Assassins creed 2 , telling the story of Ezio Auditore and his search for vengence and clearing of his name. Along the way he must face trials of love , learning to fight and survive , as well as finding out his familys hidden secrets. A note for the story is that it sorrounds only Ezio and his stories , their is no mention of the animus and desmond or incoded files, This is great for the story as it breaks away from the gaming center and lets you observe Ezio as a character rather than a code being controlled. The story has a lot of excitement and action, like the game , but i found that although the build up to the assassinations is big and indepth , the mpoment of assassination at every moment was a little dry and didnt have the same sense of grandeur as it did in the game. I guess to fully enjoy this you need to have not played the game and be clear of your view , so you dont compare them.

===Appearence===
The cover has Mr Ezio Auditore in his full gear and a grand italian background to match, The back of the book puts forward what the story entails and gives a bit of background about the waring families and why italy is in the state its in.

===Overall===
This book is very exciting and intresting , however i dont get the full effect as i have played the game and so struggle to see the book as a seperate enitity. Overall though good book , it just needed a bit more on the assassination moment than the build up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and often exciting., 4 April 2014
Being a fan of the Assassin's Creed series I was dubious about reading this book, but found myself pleasantly surprised. It is an entertaining read, although at times it feels as though it was sticking too closely to the video games, which is not entirely a bad thing, but certain events, such as the Bonfire of the Vanities, served little to no purpose in the game, and even less in the book.

There are several typos, though, too many for a man of Bowden's calibre (look up his true identity, and you will see what I mean). It is definitely worth a read, especially for fans of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiran Trip, 4 April 2014
AMAZING

I loved this book because if the action in it. I found the book hard but really exiting. Good book

4.0 out of 5 stars A fast pace read, 2 April 2014
never played the game so the book was a complete surprise. a good fast pace book. now I know why my children love the game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins creed Oliver Bowden, 4 Mar 2014
Gripping novel telling the story of the battle between the Templars and the Assassin s.brings together lots of history that possibly the reader would not connect.Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting..., 12 Feb 2014
Adds quite a bit that's not in the game....good read do AC fans. Looking forward to the next book now !

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 29 Jan 2014
Really enjoyed the book! Ive never played the game but the books have me hooked.
My two young boys have started reading them and are thoroughly enjoying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am becoming a bit of a Assassins Creed fan. I am pleased to add this figure to my collection. Great product, packaged well. Th, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (Paperback)
I am becoming a bit of a Assassins Creed fan. I am pleased to add this figure to my collection. Great product, packaged well. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's creed renaissance, 7 Jan 2014
J. R. Mcdonald (Fife) - See all my reviews
A well written story with plenty of action ,at times I could not put the book down and meant some late nights. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb2dc88dc)

Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
Assassin's Creed: Renaissance by Anton Gill (Paperback - 26 Nov 2009)
3.50