5.0 out of 5 stars Hope by Lesley Pearse
I have thoroughly enjoyed all Lesley Pearse's books and was not disappointed.The main character, Hope, is a gutsy heroine who has many adventures in Somerset 1832 and nursing in the Crimea war.I couldn't put it down and finished it in a week (it is 658 pages).I would recommend it to anyone and will be lending it to my friends as a 'brilliant,engrossing read'.
Published on 5 Aug 2006 by C. A. Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read
The book was ok. Having read several others of Lesley PEARSE books I was a little disappointed with this one. I didn't quite have the same punch story as others. A pleasant read, but she has definitely wrote better.
Published 11 months ago by Erica Kilburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope by Lesley Pearse, 5 Aug 2006
C. A. Foster "avid bookworm" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth Waiting for, 1 Aug 2006
P. White (Oldham, Lancs,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hope (Hardcover)
Did it live up to my expectations, the answer is YES. Lesley Pearse is my favourite author and I was not dissappointed. I could not put this book down. What I enjoy about her books is they are not all the same story, retold. An excellent read and if anyone wants a book for their summer hols, do try this one as sure you will enjoy it. When is her next book due?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the "mini synopsis" for Hope by Lesley Pearse, 25 Feb 2006
By A Customer
Hope by Lesley Pearse
This time last year I was immersed in the 60s as I worked on 'A Lesser Evil'. This August, as that book arrives in the shops, I'll be off to the Crimea to research my new book, 'Hope'. I'm setting the start of it in my village; a pile of stones where a cottage used to be was the inspiration for my heroine's family home. The nineteenth century is such fertile ground for a good yarn, all that desperate poverty in the cities, hideous diseases and the terrible injustices too. Bristol had slums every bit as bad as London and my poor heroine will have to battle her way through them. So how does the Crimea come into this, I hear you ask. Well I can't tell you that without giving away too much of the plot, but there's nothing like a man in uniform to set the pulses racing. All those red coats would certainly have made my heart flutter!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 21 April 2007
This review is from: Hope (Paperback)
Lesley Pearse is a brilliant author, I have read most of her books and they are all exceptional reads and hope is one of her best. She researches her books so well and you can imagine yourself living in that era. I could not put this book down and was sad to come to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley has done it again!!!!, 21 Jan 2007
M. Lugg "bookworm" (Helston, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hope (Paperback)
As the heading says, Lesley Pearse has yet again produced a fanastic book. I have read all of her books and the standard never slips but I have to say I think Hope is one of my favourites. The charcters are believable, you love the goodies and hate the badies which is just how it should be. I was really sad to finish the book and again find myself eagerly waiting for Lesley Pearse's next book to be published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley does it again, 19 Aug 2006
This review is from: Hope (Hardcover)
Yet again another excellent read from Lesley, her books get better and better the only disappointment for me was the ending of the story as i now have a long wait for her next one. Anyone reading this will become an instant Lesley Pearce fan as i am.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great story., 17 Mar 2007
Aclegirl (Co. Durham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hope (Paperback)
This was the first book I have read of Lesley Pearse, and not the last! Hope was a brilliant story, with surprises along the way, the author takes you on a journey, and you are swept along by the story, she writes in great detai so you feel really involved. At first I thought that she digressed a little bit, but you realise she writes about each character indepth so you really get to know them. I was sad to finish this book. But I am reading Father Unknown now and have Remember Me lined up, and many others on my wish list.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's done it again!, 15 Nov 2006
N. Hartley (Macclesfield, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hope (Paperback)
I can't describe how much i love Lesley's books, I have them all, and have read most of them at least twice! I thoroughly recommend them all although Hope, Remember Me and Never Look Back are my absolute favourites. She manages to capture the entire spirit of the period she is writing in and has inspired myself to learn more about the various periods she writes about. Please, if you have never read any of her books, try them, you'll be hooked!! (beware of a few tears though!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope is fantastic, 28 Oct 2006
This review is from: Hope (Hardcover)
i can't say more. the twists in this book have you stuck from teh first chapter. Hope is a beautful name for a angel child. Lesley again has done us all proud with this one. I couldn't believe the size of this book at first and though this will last me more than the 2 days it takes me to read a book. well it did it took me 4 days.

I can read and read and read and this book was just one great on going story i was sad when it came to the end. If you have never read lesley pearse then i sugest you start now all of her books (I own them all) are fantastic and they get better with each one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope Lesley Pearse, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Hope (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely brilliant , found it very difficult to put it down.Just love these type of novels.In the same vein as Josephine Cox,Ruth Hamilton,Catherine Cookson.Fab.

Hope
Hope by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 11 Jan 2007)
5.99