Format: Paperback|Change

This is just what you expect from a new Lesley Pearse book - drama, intrigue, great characterisation and an excellent story. I've just read it in under 48 hours as it was so good and flowed so well. It's sad in places and there are some dark undertones to it but I would definitely recommend it to people who want a great read.
on 31 August 2005
I've just finished reading this book and I just had to comment on this. I bought the book 5 days ago and the second I sat down to read I was hooked, from beginning to end I was transpired into the story. For those who have read Lesley's books will know what a true talent she really is. She has this amazing ability to bring all of her characters to life and this book was no exception.
I love it from beginning to end.
Emma
on 30 October 2008
I Had a very pleasant surprise with this book.. Can't understand the poor rating from some people. There are some dark undertones not in others of Pearse's books but that's what i liked about it. I almost let the bad reviews put me off and i'm so glad i read it after all. Lesley Pearse has the ability in my opinion to write different types of novels. A very unpredictable exciting read..loved it!!!
on 4 September 2013
I literally cannot get enough of Lesley Pearse's books! My only problem is that my house goes to rack & ruin and my children have to bring themselves up as I read "just one ....more....chapter....", which inevitably turns into reading the whole book in one sitting because I simply can't put it down! "A Lesser Evil" is no exception to this rule, it was a gripping and dark read with a lot of heart and I loved it!
on 9 August 2006
Having read nearly all of her books this one was very disappointing. One of the main characters, Fifi, was so annoying that I would have gladly left her in the cage to rot! Not one of Lesley Pearse's best ones.
on 12 March 2006
I have read all of Lesley Pearse's books so far. Some are better than others, one or two I never actually finished because they were so long, they no longer held my interest. However, this one, 'A Lesser Evil' has to be her best. I was captivated and enthralled all the way through. Oddly, Pearse's style of writing is not really what I like.. the sentence structure can be a little 'abrupt' in places. But the storyline on this occasion had me turning the pages to the very end... you won't be disappointed!
on 1 August 2015
It took me a few weeks to read this, as I found it a bit heavy going. But each time I began to flag, it hotted up again.
Parts of the story cover a theme that is gruesome, and sadly, is still happening today; in fact on a larger scale. Abuse and cruelty to children is sickening!
There were times when I was deeply moved, which is a credit to the authors writing skill.
On a negative note, I did not like some of the language used. I believe, with good imaginative writing, character emotions can be expressed quite adequately, without resorting to a plethora of bad language.
It spoilt, what was for me on the whole, an enjoyable read...in parts, exciting, moving, and with well fleshed characters. The relationship between Fifi and Dan came across very well.
Not sure what genre this would come under, I guess it could be a romance, come thriller. There was a great twist towards the end. I didn't see that coming!
On the whole, a good summer read.
on 23 May 2013
Didn't enjoy this story as much as I thought I would. Have read a number of Leslie's books and all I would rate as 5 star. However I can only give this one a 3. Won't stop me purchasing my next one though. Just about to download another.
on 22 May 2006
Having read all of her other 13 novels and now this one, I want to say how much i have enjoyed reading them, every single one was truly amazing. My favourites have to be Secrets (which is the first one i read and from then on I knew i would have to read all of her books),Remember Me,Trust Me and Rosie but they are all a must read. You can not be disappointed. I am now eagerly awaiting her 15th book 'Hope' which is out on the 27th of July.
on 23 September 2013
Quite depressing, and long winded. I certainly don' enjoy this book as much as the others I have read.
I haven't quite finished so the end may be better!