5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Lesley Pearse book
This is just what you expect from a new Lesley Pearse book - drama, intrigue, great characterisation and an excellent story. I've just read it in under 48 hours as it was so good and flowed so well. It's sad in places and there are some dark undertones to it but I would definitely recommend it to people who want a great read.
Published on 29 Aug 2005 by Nicola in South Yorkshire

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest from Lesley Pearse.
Having read nearly all of her books this one was very disappointing. One of the main characters, Fifi, was so annoying that I would have gladly left her in the cage to rot! Not one of Lesley Pearse's best ones.
Published on 9 Aug 2006 by Karen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Lesley Pearse book, 29 Aug 2005
Nicola in South Yorkshire "nicola_in_southyorks" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Addictive, 31 Aug 2005
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Hardcover)
I've just finished reading this book and I just had to comment on this. I bought the book 5 days ago and the second I sat down to read I was hooked, from beginning to end I was transpired into the story. For those who have read Lesley's books will know what a true talent she really is. She has this amazing ability to bring all of her characters to life and this book was no exception.
I love it from beginning to end.
Emma

5.0 out of 5 stars A lesser evil.. Different than Lesley's other books, 30 Oct 2008
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Paperback)
I Had a very pleasant surprise with this book.. Can't understand the poor rating from some people. There are some dark undertones not in others of Pearse's books but that's what i liked about it. I almost let the bad reviews put me off and i'm so glad i read it after all. Lesley Pearse has the ability in my opinion to write different types of novels. A very unpredictable exciting read..loved it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Kindle Edition)
I literally cannot get enough of Lesley Pearse's books! My only problem is that my house goes to rack & ruin and my children have to bring themselves up as I read "just one ....more....chapter....", which inevitably turns into reading the whole book in one sitting because I simply can't put it down! "A Lesser Evil" is no exception to this rule, it was a gripping and dark read with a lot of heart and I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Has to be her best so far, 12 Mar 2006
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Hardcover)
I have read all of Lesley Pearse's books so far. Some are better than others, one or two I never actually finished because they were so long, they no longer held my interest. However, this one, 'A Lesser Evil' has to be her best. I was captivated and enthralled all the way through. Oddly, Pearse's style of writing is not really what I like.. the sentence structure can be a little 'abrupt' in places. But the storyline on this occasion had me turning the pages to the very end... you won't be disappointed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest from Lesley Pearse., 9 Aug 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly amazing author, 22 May 2006
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Paperback)
Having read all of her other 13 novels and now this one, I want to say how much i have enjoyed reading them, every single one was truly amazing. My favourites have to be Secrets (which is the first one i read and from then on I knew i would have to read all of her books),Remember Me,Trust Me and Rosie but they are all a must read. You can not be disappointed. I am now eagerly awaiting her 15th book 'Hope' which is out on the 27th of July.

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love, 17 Dec 2007
J. Thurman "J. T." (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Paperback)
This book was fantastic from beginning to end. It twists and turns, each time you think you have the plot sussed, something else completely unpredictable happens. I thought the characters were great, holding great affection for some but pure hatred of others. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lesser Evil, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Paperback)
I only found Lesley Pearse's books last year after a friend recommend one and since then I am currently working my way though them. Once I got into this book I enjoyed it. I liked the characters even though at times I found Fifi one of the main characters annoying at times. This story line was good once I had got into it and it had lots of drama and I wanted to know more. Good read and will be looking for my next book by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Titled and Beautifully Written. 10/10 for Pearse, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book for a few reasons. First of all I am a Lesley Pearse fan due to the fact she changes it up with every novel. There's no same-ness if you will to her books.
This book will make you think about life in a whole new way, make you cry, and reflect. Well written, good storyline and plot and page turning to the very end.

A Lesser Evil
A Lesser Evil by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 19 Jan 2006)