5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
Reading this book brought tears of laughter, sadness and shock to my system. Well done Lesley Pearce - you hit the nail on the head for me with this one. Better than all previous novels, with the exception of Remember Me, equally good
Published on 15 Sep 2004 by Pamela Rae

2.0 out of 5 stars Secrets - Lesley Pearce
I love Lesley Pearce. However, this book is not as good as her other ones. No blame whatsoever on the seller, just couldn't get into the story so stopped reading it a quarter way through.
Published on 11 Feb 2012 by Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Sep 2004
This review is from: Secrets (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 28 May 2006
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
I first read this book last year, someone had given it to my nan and she didnt want to read it, so it was passed to me, well, my nan missed out, it was her loss. The story is at points heartwrenching, the tale of a young woman who progresses through the hardships of life during war time Britain finding love, sorrow and friendship along the way... it think it was a great read, i absolutely couldn't put it down, and I would reccommend it to lovers of Lesley's other works, people who like Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Eva Rice, Chris Manby and Meg Cabot. A truly excellent read, which i have re-read a number of times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Secrets, 3 May 2005
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
Adele Talbot is forced to leave her family home when her mother is sent to an asylum and Adele is sent to a children's home where she knows no one and the only person she gets on with is the male owner of the house. However, something terible happens and she runs away to find the grandmother she has never even met, not sure whether she will even be wanted there. Her grandmother turns out to be reluctant to take her in but they form a bond when Adele falls ill. She also meets Michael Bailey and their friendship is set to change many lives. At the outbreak of World War Two, Michael is sent away to war and they are not sure if they will see eachother again. An unexpected series of events and complex family connections leads to a shocking and then finally happy ending.
This is the first of Lesley Pearse's books that I have read and I will definitely be reading more. She makes her characters extremely likeable and although somoe events were predictable and some a little stereotypical I found that I really enjoyed this book and would strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets Lesley Pearse, 19 Dec 2005
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
This book is one of the best Lesley has written, shes gone a long way since writing her first novel, and I have loved this book since it was published

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 20 Aug 2004
This review is from: Secrets (Hardcover)
Could not put this down read this in two nights! another great novel from Lesley Pearse, well written - this is a book that will hold you but also make you reflect on issues in perhaps your own life both past and present. Forgiveness and moving on, well written, Pearse has done it again, a book that is not just a novel but a book that is thought provoking and riveting,one which you would want to read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well recommended., 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have read! It is the second book by Lesley Pearce that I have read, and certainly not the last. Finished 'Stolen' a couple of months ago which was a great novel but this one just beats it for me. I took it on holiday and could not put it down. It is a captivating read and one which allows you to empathise with the characters. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets - How does she do it ? Lesley Pearse, 17 Aug 2011
Alessi Lover "C.A.D." (Knightley UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
Have read a couple of Lesley Pearse books and still wonder how she manages to do it ..... so many tales but all different and each one that keeps you captivated till the end.

I know that I haven't read each book in sequence and that this is her 13th book and I have only read this after reading 'Stolen' and 'Gypsy', along with another couple, but that doesn't matter, as each book is a stand alone and can be read at any time.

Quite refreshing to see the author writing from this one 'Secrets' to 'Stolen' her latest, the difference in time and society in no way reflects on her writing, indeed she can write in any period and still come up trumps. Interesting to see the way in which the author grows in her style with each book.

Not going to give the whole story of what happens as I really think the blurb on the write up of the book does that justice .... but all I can say is one to read if you love books with passion and well written.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I listened to this book on Audio CD. I found the story engrossing. Having lived and travelled regularly around the areas written about in this book, I often think of Adeles journey through the Kent and Sussex countryside to find her Grandmother, such was the description in the book, its like I can see her as I drive through the country lanes.

The first book I've experienced of Lesley Pearse. It has encouraged me to read another book of hers, Stolen, also engrossing, although a different kind of story altogether. Now I have a kindle, I shall be reading through all her titles, which I am looking forward to.

I can highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Story, 14 Nov 2006
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
Secrets is the first book by this author that I have read, but I don't think it will be the last. Ms Pearse writes with sensitivity and emotion. Her characters are real and the plots believable.

Readers won't regret picking up this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets, 8 Sep 2006
This review is from: Secrets (Paperback)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and went through all the emotions throughout. Like all other Lesley Pearse's books, it was really hard to put down when I had started it.

Secrets
Secrets by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 13 Jan 2005)