5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
If you love a really gripping, heart-rending saga, you'll love CHARLIE. Lesley Pearse fans watch out: it's another cracker! I cried in several places throughout this novel.
Published on 6 April 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars another top read from Lesley Pearse
Published on 16 Feb 2009 by Jala sufian

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 6 April 1999
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
Charlie Weish has everything - until her father goes missing and her mother is injured by thugs. She has to go out into the world alone and build a life for herself, using only her wit and intelligence, and overcoming the predujice of people who see her as a half chinese, spoiled brat. Her father has a dark past she knows nothing about, and people who want revenge, and are taking it out on her. Will she overcome them? and find love too? You guess!
I highly recommend this book. It's what reading's all about - pure pleasure, thrills, romance, and anticipation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 11 Feb 2001
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
Lesley Pearse has done it again! In fact, this is the fourth book by Lesley Pearse that I have read, and I think it is possibly joint favourite with Camellia, although all her books are excellent. The characters just came to life,I loved Ivor, Beryl and Andrew, in fact, I wish I could meet Charlie, I didn't want it to end. I just wanted to be there with her all the way through the bad times and the good. Lesley Pearse's characters and settings are so 3 dimensional, you actually feel you are part of it all. How does she do it? What an author! I'm going to read Tara next.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's simply one of the best !, 20 Mar 2000
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
Charlie is the first book I've ever read that keeps your interest alive from the very first pages until the last ones. You cannot put it down but you either don't want to end.I'm sure that you will love this book as much as I do!I'm eagerly looking for the rest of Lesley Pearse books. She has really a talent to capture readers !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book by Lesley Pearse, 26 May 2011
Mrs. V. Leete "Vanessa" (Great Yarmouth) - See all my reviews
Another fantastic book by Lesley Pearse

Charlie has been brought up posh and a snob by her parents, she witnesses her mother being assaulted by 2 men, and also her father is missing. At this time Charlie is only 16, her mother is then taken to a hospital and then a nursing home, her mother is suffering very much from depression and Charlie decides to get herself a job, so she badgers Ivor to give her a job, who later on loves her like the daughter he lost.

There are a lot of people who come into Charlie life, Ivor, Beryl, Rita and Andrew who starts a relationship with Charlie, who is a fantastic young man, who stands by her through her highs and lows that come her way. Charlie gains so much strength as a young woman, as she tries to find out what happened to her father.

This book is full of content, including a murder, vicious attacks and abductions. Some parts of this book will make you very tearful.

Lesley Pearse books are so brilliant, I thought when I read 'Charity and 'Georgia', no book would be as good, but I can assure you 'Charlie', was equally as good, now I am going to start reading Gypsy'

5.0 out of 5 stars Intreging and engaging, 20 Nov 2000
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
This was the first book that I read by Lesley Pearse. I can truely say that it is the best book that I have ever read. It kept me interested from page one and I just couldn't put it down. It made you feel as if you were there and the characters were totally believeable in unbelievable circumstances. I will certainly be reading more of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Charlie (Kindle Edition)
Really good read, I always enjoy a Lesley Pearse book. A really good story, a lovely setting - Dartmouth. Couldn't put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars another top read from Lesley Pearse, 16 Feb 2009
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
Though I thoroughly enjoyed this Lesley Pearse novel, I feel it doesnt match up to her usual standard. The first half of the book drags at a slow pace and I felt I was waiting for Lesley Pearses usual gripping story lines to appear which in the end they do. However it seems a bit late and by then I just wanted to get to the end rather than enjoying the journey. Though Charlie is an appealing character and her story is a gripping one, I feel it could have moved at a faster pace. I still enjoyed this book and it is worth reading the story. Charlie is a lovely character and there are many heart warming characters in the story too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Charlie (Kindle Edition)
Lesley Pearce is one of my favourite authors. The characters in her novels really stand out and are real people. You can relate to everything she writes about.

Charlie was the first book I read by this author and since then I have read all of them up to date.

Her style of writing is very much like Catherine Cookson, although the stories can vary widely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Jun 2003
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
This book, is one of the best I have ever read. It follows the story of Charlie, a spolit, middle class girl, whose life and everything that she thought was truth, is snatched away from her. The novel charts her journey to find out about who she is and her 'real' family. Charlie is a must read and was unputadownable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly nail biting stuff, a brilliant read,, 3 Sep 1999
This review is from: Charlie (Paperback)
This was the first book I read by Leslie Pearse, I was more than impressed with my hoiliday read. Charlie is the kind of book that you can't put down, you can't wait to see what the outcome will be yet you don't want the book to end. It brings you with it through the highs and the lows. Charlie is a really lovable character, a high spirited girl who's stubbern nature gets her through ALL the terrible things life throws at her. You meet so many characters throughout the book all either endearing or terrifying. This book leaves no stone unturned. It has love, Thrill, Happiness and betrayal throughout. The descriptions conjour up faces and places so that you feel you are in the book yourself. Well worth getting, but set yourself some reading time as you will be unable to put it down.

Charlie
Charlie by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 25 Mar 1999)
5.59