Format: Cards|Change

on 11 February 2010
Brands recycling old artwork as posters, greetings cards and the like is nothing new, but there is something very fitting about being able to write your own words "under" a famous Penguin book cover.

In these days of e-mail, facebook and Twitter the mere fact of receiving a physical bit of paper makes a postcard more than mere communication, it's a rare personal touch and these cards add a little bit extra. They come in a nice sturdy box too, making it easy to store them on the edge of the desk.. or even the bookshelf.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2011
A beautifully made product in a very sturdy book-like box. I can't bring myself to actually use them - I don't want to spoil the set. See also the Puffin set.
Superb collection of 100 lovingly printed postcards featuring cover designs from a host of classic Penguin novelisations. From A Clockwork Orange to The Great Gatsby, from The Lord of the Flies to Man and Superman, this is an astoundingly brilliant idea, and comes in a re-usable presentation box. Vive le postcard!
on 14 November 2014
I love these so so much, got them to decorate my room at uni instead of posters...just bluetacked them onto the walls and wardrobes! A great gift for anyone who loves books i should think :) The covers aren't all really simple 'penguin style' either, they have some really distinctive, cult pictures like the cover of a clockwork orange and a couple of older one i had never heard of :) They come in a cute box that looks like a book which i have kept to use for other things :) Great product!
on 6 May 2012
I ordered both the penguin and puffin postcard collections, both are equally attractive and made me smile when flicking through them. The quality is good, each card is thick and the prints are brightly coloured. If like me you admire the iconic penguin design then I would imagine you would enjoy these, I intend to give a few away and frame some above my desk. The puffin designs are a good mix of classic well known books with lesser known additions and would look great in a child's room.
on 29 March 2010
I bought this as a gift for a fellow book and stationery lover and it was greatly appreciated. It is a lovely way to send a postcard to a friend with a recommendation of a classic book on the front.
on 22 August 2010
Lovely set of Penguin covers. I intend to frame groups of them and given them as customised presents.
on 6 April 2016
These are excellent. So many great titles and interesting covers. I first saw these in a gift shop and they cost £14.99. I wasn't prepared to pay that price and so came home and looked on Amazon straight away. As usual, they did not let me down. Book Depository was selling them brand new for £5.99! I have since mounted a number of them in large picture frames and they look great!
on 10 September 2013
These postcards are quite simply beautiful. The quality of the prints and the card they are printed on is very high indeed. I've had to buy two boxes- one set to keep and the other to send to people!!
The only thing I would say is that I'd prefer there to have been fewer of the more modern covers and more of the stripy, older covers, but that's just a personal preference.
on 1 November 2013
I bought these cards as I had seen someone make a picture collage with them and wanted to do it myself. The logo is iconic but as well as the plain Penguin design there are other unusual cards in the pack, some I liked, some I didn't. But with 100 to choose from it was easy to make the collage. They made a really effective, stunning and cheap piece of art for our living room.