5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!
A very well-written insight into the London Ambulance Service and the reactions of those of us who use them which range from the hysterical to the utterly bizarre. The stories run the whole gamut of emotions too, from highly amusing to utter sadness. The format makes it easy to dip in and out of at any time - assuming you can put it down, that is :-)

Hoping...
Published on 4 Mar 2010 by Sparklies

2.0 out of 5 stars Nee Naw Real life Dispatches from ambulance control
Was told this was the funniest book anybody had ever read. I didn't like it had the odd chuckle in it but mostly I felt sorry for everyone in it crew and patience alike. just a run of the mill book I thought, but perhaps it was sold to me in the wrong context.
If you like a good book I wouldn't bother with this one
Published 5 months ago by Irene M.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 4 Mar 2010
This review is from: Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control (Paperback)

Hoping Ms. Brent writes more in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, everybody, what's that sound? Nee Naw, 27 Feb 2010
If you ever ever wondered what happens when you say "Ambulance", whilst making a 999 call, then this is a book for you.

In fact, I think this should be a book for everyone - as the "rules" that you should abide by if you call 999, I think, must be taught to everybody. (I certainly did. I was once a "why are you asking me these silly questions" man but now, I know they are asked for a reason (even if I cannot answer them)

From the start, a bad day... to the end, (of the book, not the "story"), this book has laughter, fun, smiles... tears, horror, shock and moments of sheer amazement/disbelief - oh, and Bananas (Lots of them, some of them itchy!)

My suggestion? Read this, then go read "Blood, Sweat and a cup of tea" and its follow up. Then think the worst for (some of) humanity that wastes time, thus maybe killing people - then take the lesson that these books teach - If you need an ambulance, say for chest pains, then call... you will not be wasting someone's time... if you have cut your finger, got a cold, are drunk and need a lift home, or just plain annoying.... call someone else, or.. get a plaster, take cold remedy, call a taxi and sober up, or become a stand up comic....

To end. Buy this book, read it - Learn from it. (oh, and laugh, cry and enjoy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 5 Sep 2011
As someone who has had to rely on the ambulance service to save my life on 3 separate occasions, this book was an utterly fascinating and compelling read and served to make me respect and admire these exceptional men and women even more than I already did.
Some stories were hilarious whilst others were truly heartbreaking. A brilliant insight into the world behind the 999 calls. Highly recommended and easy to read.
If you enjoy tales about the emergency services, then I would urge you to read Police, Crime & 999: The True Story of a Front Line Officer.

5.0 out of 5 stars When's the next book?, 28 April 2010
I saw a review in a magazine about this book 'Neenaw' so went out and purchased it. I'm very glad i did, it has had a huge impact in the way i see the ambulance service and the general public for that matter.It really makes you wonder whether this world has gone mad when you read the stories of the 'regular 999 callers'. I couldn't put this book down until i had finished it, Suzi brent really does explain things in a comical and laugh out loud way, but there is also a serious tone to the stories being explained. Excellent book, i hope she writes more.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Nee Naw, 2 Mar 2010
N. Turner "yaruar" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
If you've ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes when you dial 999 then this is the place to find out. Often tragic, always stressful, sometimes funny, this is the best (possibly the only) insight into the day to day existance of the people you never get to see on Hospital Dramas. The blog this is based on has a huge following for good reason and the book should be a must read by anyone who wants to know what goes on behind the scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly compelling, 1 Mar 2010
Mr. Edward Allison (York, UK) - See all my reviews
My copy arrived from Amazon today and I have had trouble putting it down. A valuable insight into a world dealt with daily by the ambulance service. The rest of us had better be very glad indeed that these people are there to help us.

5.0 out of 5 stars New New is Fantastic., 4 Mar 2010
I've just finished reading Suzi's book and I can honestly say I loved it. Although I've been reading her blog for years I found myself laughing out loud and actually moved to tears.

I know that I should write something lovely because Suzi is a great friend and a really nice person but that's not the reason I'mw riting this. Nee Naw is a bloody good book which is an easy read and really has heart. If you want to read about something important and useful for a change. Read Nee Naw (then buy lots of copies for your friends and family)

5.0 out of 5 stars Been there done that and loved it!!!, 15 Jun 2014
After an eventful 23 years in the forces I became a paramedic in south wales but after surcumbbing to a life changing illness (MS) had to come 'off' the road and into the control room environment. Suzi has this book spot on and it should be on every ambulance in the country so that the frontline staff can see what the control room guys go through!! Well done Suzi well written well balanced and well worked. Is there a second one in the pipe line? Please think about it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nee Naw Real life Dispatches from ambulance control, 4 Jun 2014
If you like a good book I wouldn't bother with this one

5.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 21 Jan 2014
A page turner of a book that looks at what happens when you dial 999 in the UK. Written by a true life ambulance dispatcher we follow what happens in the ambulance control centre.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control
Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control by Suzi Brent (Paperback - 4 Mar 2010)