5.0 out of 5 stars Good food
If, like me, you have wondered how some favourite foods got their names then this book will tell you. Written in an easy readable style it will alert you to some names that you might otherwise have not realised were of interest.
Published on 18 Feb 2011 by Rodney Simone

3.0 out of 5 stars A good toilet book
Do you find the etiology of food interesting? if so, then this is the book for you. I'd say that it would make a great companion to the BBC Food Programme. It gives you a bunch of facts about things you would not have known (but the fact is that you would not have been any worse off if you never knew these facts)!
Published on 23 Mar 2012 by hazza

5.0 out of 5 stars Good food, 18 Feb 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars PLEASANT READING, 21 Feb 2011
I am interested in food ... and also in history / origin of the words ... this book is therefore a good reading for me. Good presentation, index complete, readable writing. A good buy at a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for trivia lovers, 25 Sep 2013
Spangelina (Chauldenshire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Caesar Did For My Salad: The Secret Meanings of our Favourite Dishes (Paperback)
Bought as a gift for a foodie colleague at work ~ she tells me she has really enjoyed reading about the origins of recipes and learnt some interesting trivia from the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delicious book!, 24 Mar 2013
J. E. Michie "Herschelian" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I love books stuffed with trivia and other bits of 'useless' information, and I love cooking and eating, so as far as I am concerned
this book is a winner. It is like a rich fruit cake, stuffed with delicious nuggets of culinary history.

It is the perfect gift for anyone who is in the slightest bit interested in food be they male or female, and of any age. Put it on
your wish list NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars what ceasar did for my salad, 18 April 2011
as a hobby cook i just adore this book and makes me laugh loudly. at the moment im ordering the 5th one for birthday present and for sure it will be not last.
some amuzing easy reading for food lovers

3.0 out of 5 stars A good toilet book, 23 Mar 2012