Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 November 2013
There were few surprises except the number of examples of bad grammar or incorrect word usage displayed by newspapers.

Five minutes study was usually sufficient to have me ready to turn the light out!
on 11 February 2009
This would make an interesting, informative and entertaining addition to anybody's book collection. It is not a book you would read from cover to cover but more a book you would use for reference.
on 19 April 2014
I've so far just picked at it but will find fuller use in time. Five stars for the idea and selected words.Tips would be a helpful addition, e.g. Bought is to Buy, Brought is to Bring.
on 6 April 2010
this book is a good read for those of you who are interested in understanding a little more about the correct useage of everyday words. makes clear what was once uncertain perhaps.
on 5 February 2012
I have read all Bill Brysons books and this one is up to his usual standards.

His knowledge of the English language and grammar is wonderful.

I dip into this book all the time.
on 7 July 2014
I love everything that Bill Bryson writes.
He is a learned man with a talent for displaying that ability.
Try his talking books - narrated by himself of course!
on 26 December 2012
If you're in awe of the English language as I am, you'll revel in every line of this book. Bryson is a master of the undisclosed and the unexpected
on 28 December 2015
This book is a Christmas present for my son-in-law who is a great fan of Bill Bryson (aren't we all) so I am sure he is enjoying it.
on 25 October 2013
Good book to dig in at bedtime.I like to read a little before sleep and this is perfect. Does not define snoring though!!
on 17 December 2012
Excellent language tool. Very easy to read too, which means it can be kept on a bedside table for late-night browsing :).