Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 November 2008
Monster is a wonderfully crafted book that gives you all you want - an in-depth understanding of this horrific story, in a digestible and creative form from one of the great British journalists of our time.

I have flicked through the other books on Fritzl and Allan Hall - the Daily Mail's correspondent for Austria and Germany - wins hands down. He got exclusive interviews with the key people in the case.

His nuanced and skilled writing really brings this terrible story to life and helps you understand not just the practical detail but the human suffering that Elizabeth and her children have endured.
on 13 January 2012
Maybe 100 pages in the middle had ';ironed in' creases on top section of page ~ only affected the appearance though, didn't interfere with reading. Otherwise the copy in good order & was just as described on the tin. Collection of photos good bonus.
on 5 December 2013
Couldn't put it down! Very in depth and tells you more then what you heard when the story broke. Amazing photos of Elizabeth's and her children's living space. Only gave it four stars as I would of liked more photos and because I read it in a day!
on 17 November 2011
The most we will ever read on this sad but true life of a little girl.Her father was truly one of life's Monsters.You have to read this book,but you will find yourself putting it down for a while.Its shocking how this Monster could live.....
on 1 September 2014
Have just read this book on my hols n I m not the best reader as get bored easily but this is excellent. Very sad story of an evil monster. Lent to my friend who also found it brilliant. Must read
on 6 December 2011
Bought this for a present. Pleased with the cost, delivery and conditon. Not my cup of tea for a book but my daughter likes it so am pleased for her.Thankyou
on 12 June 2013
This book was Ok but to be honest not much more info than had already picked up from listening to radio newspapers etc.
I don't normally like true fact books I only really read this as had read Emma Donaghughe "Room" which was allegedly inspired by this story I was more interested in the children's adjustment to the outside world and it only briefly touched on that. Probably quite rightly as their privacy is more important than satisfying the nosiness of people like me it seems not much is known about the family now.
on 16 November 2009
Excellent Book, A little hard to get into but then it just clicks. A very good read also very informative.
on 13 September 2011
this book is very interesting to read its a bit slow to start with but turns out to be good.
on 8 January 2014
It gave me nightmares though, but still highly recommended to people interested in creeps and nutters like old man fritzl