5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I needed to read at the right time
I am going to keep this short. For years I have been reading spiritual books, trying the exercises, doing the things to bring the learned theoretical information into my life. Time and time again, it didn't work, I was still depressed, annoyed, lost, etc, etc etc. This book is the first book I have ever read that actually enabled me to see and practice what it said,...
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by Sebastian Buescher

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good points made, but not a keeper for me
I have mixed feelings about "A New Earth". While I thought some very good points were made, I didn't find it easy to read because the style of writing is so dense. Many of the ideas that Tolle presents are not original (e.g. how we interpret people or events is a result of our own thoughts or egos, we must strive to live in the present moment), but they are still well...
Published on 25 Mar 2008 by Julia Flyte

‹ Previous | 123 24 25 26 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book, 26 July 2009
This review is from: A New Earth: Create a Better Life (Paperback)
This book was recommended by a friend. It is starting to become my 'bible'. Whenever I feel depressed and confused I read it and it makes me realise what truly matters in life, which is always 'life itself'. It is written so simply and clearly that I would think the majority of people could understand it. I will be letting others read it and may buy it as presents for others. For those of us who feel that peace is the most important thing they can attain in life it is a must have

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 25 July 2009
This review is from: A New Earth: Create a Better Life (Paperback)
This is definately a good companion to the power of now. However, it is not a stand alone read without first reading the power of now. The book also dangerously touches on the territory of preaching and judging the world, which is something that goes against the overall theme of Power of now. A book to read after power of now, but not without it or as a separate piece. Having said that, I enjoyed this book as it does help you to clairify your thinking about his masterpiece the power of now, which is very welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is right here., 30 Mar 2008
Susan Donlon - See all my reviews
Since I really enjoyed the "Power of Now" I was looking forward to reading this follow up book "A New Earth." And can honestly say I was not disappointed. Eckhardt Tolle writes in a story book style where the reader is able to come along for a ride into tales of enlightenment and inspiration in how to live the best life possible and with purpose.

In the chapter titled "Role-Playing:The Many Faces of The Ego", Tolle writes of how in the very moment you become aware of something, in this case he writes of "a negative state within yourself", you have the potential to disengage from those thoughts or emotions. Through awareness a shift takes place where those negative thoughts lose their power over you, fading to the background from the foreground of your sense of yourself.

I have found this way of disconnecting my thoughts as being reality to be one of the most freeing and liberating ways of living my own life as a true expression of myself. It also frees me from the limitations that reoccurring "thoughts" or "emotions" cast into the present moment.

If you have found insights and inspiration in any of Tolle's books I highly recommend reading any of Ariel and Shya Kane's books. Choosing one of the following "Being Here: Modern Day Tales of Enlightenment", "Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: A Book About Instantaneous Transformation" or "How To Create a Magical Relationship." I am sure you will find further inspiration and insights into living the easiest, happiest and most satisfying life possible. Like your own heaven on a new earth.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neither a New Earth Nor a New Way of Thinking, 5 Mar 2008
David Pengilly (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Having read literally dozens of books on similar themes I was looking forward to this book but found it over academic and lacking any real punch. The guy has spent twenty years contemplating his navel and has never ever done anything in the real world. He sees himself as a prophet but I do not see anything in his story.
The essence of the book is that we are so wrapped up in ourselves that we fail to experience the beauty of the earth and everything around us. That's OK in itself but like a lot of these books it is too thin for an entire book and Tolle lacks an interesting story.
Sorry but that's how I see it.

4.0 out of 5 stars For everyone, 13 Nov 2009
This review is from: A New Earth: Create a Better Life (Paperback)
Eckhart Tolle has the good fortune to be able to write about a subject that is universal. His books serve as a constant reminder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review - The New Earth (Eckhart Tolle), 5 Mar 2009
Mr. Claude Nelson "Pegasus" (London) - See all my reviews
This is not a quick read. Even with large print, it is one against which we may search our souls, grow, learn, and renew our existance here on Earth towards the next phase in human evolution. A great book, when you are ready for it so take your time, listen to your conscience and follow yor heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars a new earth, 2 Mar 2009
Ms. E. Mcgovern "lil ems" (england) - See all my reviews
i love eckhart tolle and this book just fuels mybelief in his ideas, if you want to discover yourself and perhaps a short cut to enlightnment then this book is a no fuss way which to do hat. you willsee the wold in a whole new way. as a new earth! i hope thre is much more to come from eckhart!!
emma

5.0 out of 5 stars super book, 2 Sep 2008
Great one for the spiritual sceptics , stick with it there is something for everyone in here . Personally reccomended to a few friends something in here for everyone but if your reading it you probably dont need it , if your in doubt go check out the "is that so" chapter at the book store

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better books out there, 3 Sep 2008
T. Young "Truth" (London) - See all my reviews
Reading this pretentious, sensationalistic, overblown book makes me want to dry-heave and at times a little sick actually came out my mouth from its eye-watering, vomit-inducting passages like.....

'By the end of the century, the number of people who died a violent death at the hand of their fellow humans would rise to more than one hundred million... we only need to watch the daily news on television to realise that the madness has not abated, that it is continuing into the twenty-first century. Another aspect of the collective dysfunction of the human mind is unprecedented violence that humans are inflicting on other life-forms and the planet itself.. blah blah'

You get the message. We are doommmmeeeeddd!!! Having to wade through scaremongering sensationalistic crap like that is annoying to say the least. The style of writing is like reading sheet from The Sun.

I did give it two stars because there is something behind this book. The concepts are drawn from Hinduism and particularly about understanding the ego, self, self-realisation and self-awareness. I guess the good thing is that at least it does get the message across to the new age masses. But personally, I would go straight to the source from where the author get these ideas from... The Bhagavad Gita, The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi, books by Swami Vivekananda etc etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear message for our times, 17 Oct 2008
D. Griffiths - See all my reviews
I feel Eckhart Tolle has his finger completely on the pulse.
It so clearly argued, and the best part is ; put it into practice and it works.
How could it not.

‹ Previous | 123 24 25 26 | Next ›

A New Earth: Create a Better Life
A New Earth: Create a Better Life by Eckhart Tolle (Paperback - 1 Jan 2009)
6.99