4.8 out of 5 stars2,635
Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2016
This book should be required reading for everybody. The characterisation is excellent. Although the author claim the work to be largely fiction the writing gives an authenticity to the lives of those portrayed in the book.
on 29 May 2016
Very quick delivery, thank you. A book like no other I have read, most thought provoking. My mother, who is in her eighties, is now reading it and said she could not believe people were treated that way in the 1960's; I'm not sure whether that's heartening-that we didn't treat people like that in this country, or disheartening, perhaps in that we didn't know about it. Either way, a wonderful, engrossing read, which I finished in two days.
on 27 May 2016
Excellent read
on 20 May 2016
Don't remember ordering this product
on 17 May 2016
My daughter's choice. She enjoyed it.
on 17 May 2016
Book a bit scruffy but perfectly readable
on 15 May 2016
Absolutely superb piece of writing. Chose it to study for A-Level English Literature and I'm so glad I did.
on 15 May 2016
Could not put it down. Although I have seen the film which was sterotyped it was still very interesting. However the book is so much deeper, thought-provoking and believable. Wonderful read.
Excellent book
on 14 May 2016
Loved this book, took it on holiday and couldn't put it down.