5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic look at divorce and betrayal

1.0 out of 5 stars you'll either fall asleep or slit your wrists
Published on 14 Mar. 2011 by nelkin

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic look at divorce and betrayal, 6 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce (Paperback)
It's difficult to imagine a book about divorce and betrayal being hilarious and poignant, but this one is. It's very politically correct to say Oh we're the best of friends, it's better for all concerned, and so on, but anyone who;s been left for another woman will tell you it's just not that brilliant of a joy ride. This book is something I wish I'd had around when my husband left me for the nanny. It would have made me feel less alone and more cheerful. Finnamore is a superb writer who gets all the dark humor down on paper and yet manages to convey ways to get through a divorce without a lawyer (!) and with a sense of aplomb. Honest, raw, wicked, fantastic! Keep a copy on hand for the next time a friend loses out in the game of love - they will appreciate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars split, 14 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce (Paperback)
This book was not exactly cheerful reading but boy ,was it true to life running the full list of emotions you may be experiencing during a split/break up.Several times I was moved to tears as it made me realise that other people DO feel the same way as me and I'm not quite so alone in experiencing certain emotions/behaviour traits as a result.I'd recommend it to anyone splitting up.

1.0 out of 5 stars you'll either fall asleep or slit your wrists, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce (Paperback)
Having recently separated from my husband - I was looking for some wise funny ascerbic comments on the whole marriage, separation divorce business. This book is none of those things. It is instead, dull and whiny and dull (did I say that already). The narrator is irritating, stupid and an insult to womankind that I found myself rooting for the ex! not the point I'm sure - especially as the ex comes across as self obsessed and childish. Maybe these are true portrayals of these two individuals but the laboured, flat writing style encouraged me to just not care.

1.0 out of 5 stars split a story of love etc., 23 Feb. 2009
S. R. Collins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce (Paperback)
absolute rubbish. I rarely leave a book unfinished, but this book was drivel.I shall give it to a charity shop.

Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce
Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce by Suzanne Finnamore (Paperback - 1 Jan. 2009)