5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect compliment to Real Fast Food, deliciously sinful
Published on 2 Jun. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Real Fast Puddings
Very useful and informative but have to say recipe books with pictures of the dish are more enticing. I probably would not have bought this if I had known the format. However it is still very useful.
Your service and delivery - as ever - is fantastic. Thank you very much.
Published on 14 Nov. 2009 by Mrs. J. Bartlett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect compliment to Real Fast Food, deliciously sinful, 2 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
Another gem from Nigel Slater. This book is designed as a compliment to Real Fast Food and is just as good. There are so many good ideas and all the recipes provide excellent jumping-off points, even for the inexperienced. His emphasis on freshness and flavour over complicated recipes is refreshing and makes cooking a joy, not a chore. My favourite section is the short descriptions of all the goodies that it might be nice to keep in your kitchen - a wonderful indulgence.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this book, 8 July 2003
I love this book, it has made fruit so much more exciting. I shot out and bought a handful of different liquers and haven't looked back. For the first time I feel confident about making puddings as well as mains. Hurrah!

4.0 out of 5 stars real fast, 21 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
Nigel I love you and this book is another winner but there are no pics! OK it's fast puddings, so the majority of the recipes are so fast to make and easy to understand/picture in your head, that maybe photos would just slow things down. I just like me some photos in my cook books - for drooling purposes you understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars so worth it, 17 Mar. 2009
Catherine Baron "1fairlady" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
Great ideas packed cover to cover. So easy to follow, easy to make and so nicely written. I have never been into making puddings as I don't have a hugely sweet tooth and found they generally take an age to prepare. An example from this book is lemon pots - dollop creme fraiche, dollop greek yoghurt, dollop lemon curd, mix it up grate on some lemon zest - done! Doesn't get much quicker than that. Good for cheese lovers too - everything suggested is seasonal and is handily set out as such.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely book - the hot chocolate souffle is excellent.., 7 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
Beyond the hot choc souffle, this book has an enjoyable relaxed narrative manner so can almost be read as a book rather than as an information source.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cook book, 27 Feb. 2010
I. C. Pizzie (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
Nigel Slater never disappoints. Recipes that are useful, writing that is interesting. Some would want colour pics on every page. I prefer to have the information.

3.0 out of 5 stars Real Fast Puddings, 14 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
Your service and delivery - as ever - is fantastic. Thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect When Stuck for Ideas & In A Hurry, 2 April 2011
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
This is the book that I turn to when I want to create an awesome pudding in a rush. Of course, there are a few favorites, but it's great for finding a quick recipe for seasonal fruits too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely cuddle., 29 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
Nigel Slater is wonderful.
The book is a joy to read ;it is like having him in my front room , talking me through the recipes and anecdotes
The recipes are interesting ; some more complex than others.
He has such an easy laid back style .
My only tiny criticism is the lack of illustration.
He delivers on all counts - He is a joy!

5.0 out of 5 stars How I love this book!, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
I have most of Nigel Slater's books but had overlooked this one for some time, thinking it wouldn't really be useful for us. We tend to only have pudding on Sundays.

I also thought that it would probably be fruit heavy, by virtue of the 'fast' aspect. And yes, there are a lot of fruit based puddings, but so many sound so delicious I know I will be trying them out. There are also crumbles, pies, puddings and chocolate recipes.

I think this is a really useful little book to have. And, no, there aren't photographs. But quite frankly you don't need them. They aren't the sort of dishes that need pictures. This is homestyle cooking.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Real Fast Puddings
Real Fast Puddings by Nigel Slater (Paperback - 2 Nov. 2006)