4.0 out of 5 stars easily followed recipies for real people
Published on 9 July 2001 by jonmiller1999@hotmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed
Read through this second helping of Jamie's and was very dissappointed! If you have the first book then don't bother to buy the second. Apart from a few, most of the recipies are just slightly different from the first and why oh why tell us YET AGAIN how to make pasta and bread?
Published on 31 July 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars easily followed recipies for real people, 9 July 2001
Here in the US we have a TV channel devoted to cooking [the food network]. When I saw Jamie's show 'The Naked Chef' I knew with a title like that it would be a change from most of the chef's here who'll teach you how to prepare duck stuffed with foie gras. Jamie's TV slot 'The Naked Chef' and subsequent books showed us how to cook a meal for an ordinary bloke in an ordinary kitchen without going broke buying just buying the ingredients. Cheers mate look forward to the next book / TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Stukka to Pukka, 7 Aug 2000
I've made the transition from 'beans on toast boy' to 'Crunchy Thai Salad and Braised Lamb Shanks man' in one effortless swoop, thanks to me old 'china plate' Jamie. (Well you kind of feel like his mate, cos you watch the show and read the book, but I don't actually know him Ok!) Anyway, I truly was amazed how well these recipes worked as someone with no experience of cooking. My girlfriend is wholly impressed and I made my folks the thai salad (dreesings and all) for their wedding anniversary on Saturday night. They loved it! If anything, I actually find it quite expensive to get all the ingredients from Sainsburys. All those fresh foods sure add up. Still, it's all worth it in the end and well done Mr Oliver on your many creations!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2001
By A Customer
Excellent, easy to follow recipes which always work first time. The ingredients are always to be found in Sainsburys. The fantastic fish pie is second to none and Pete's lamb curry is great. I can not believe that anyone can possibly call this book 'full of stuck up recipies for yuppie friends'. I am definitely not a yuppie or stuck up. I just like good food...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!!!, 9 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This is one of the best cook books I've ever used. It makes cooking less intimidating and more fun. The pictures of the meals are so beautiful and delicious looking, you want to try them yourself. I really enjoy Jamie's televison programme, so it's nice to see something on the programme and be pretty sure that the recipe is in the book so you can make it yourself. I love both of the books that the has out at the moment but I think that I have to say that I like this one the best. The personal comments are great, funny and make it a lot more interesting than most other books on cooking. I'll use the ones I have until the next one comes out then I'll add it to the rotation. Simply Brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Jamie book, 17 May 2006
I have all 6 of Jamie's books. I rate this as his finest. I cook a jamie meal every single evening, he is an absolute star, i have never ever come across any other cook books where you can do a recipe from it every night of the week at reasonable cost, very little time and bloomin tasty! (jamies words) I fill in my diary up to 3 months in advance with one of the recipes from his books....good planning, i then go to the supermarket twice a week, buy the ingredients and away you go....no worrying what are we gonna have for tea tonight!! All recipes are simple, fast and quite often are based around the same ingredients, i have to say i very rarely have any waste. It makes my life easy.....and we are eating very healthily too, unless we do one of his puddings, but only at the weekend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Jamie Go!, 19 July 2000
I bought this book for myself as my husband is always saying I never do enough cooking - I read the reviews on amazon and thought this is the book for me. Upon receiving it my 12 year old son Jack decided to read it as he watches Jamie's programme and the first recipe we tried was the party cake as it was my mum birthday. Jack made the cake and it was excellant. I then made a pasta dish and a risotto and they were both fabulous. Everything turns out as you expect and better - the book is full of great recipes but is also very entertaining. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try their hand at something different - I particularly like the page where he recommends items you should haved in your store cupboard for everyday cooking - can't wait for the next book! Go and buy it today

5.0 out of 5 stars This book makes cooking fun and trendy, 6 July 2000
Simply put this book is great. Jamie makes cooking easy, fun and trendy. The style of writing makes you feel like you are Jamies best friend and makes you want to cook. You find youself looking in the fridge and then the book, trying to find out what you can make next.
I've tried a couple of fish dishes so far and they have been a hit. Even Jamies advice on how to do a fry up means that I can finally cook the perfect fried egg.
I never had the first book but I'm gonna buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pukker mate, 9 May 2001
By A Customer
This book is excellent the best recipe in the book is the Pan cooked brekkie, which i have tried and it is well nice, jamie goes through the ingrediants and recipes in a very relaxed manner which is great for those who are beginners at cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple tasty home cooking, 5 April 2000
By A Customer
Jamie Oliver will make those pukka people at Penguin an awful lot of money! Hopefully he will get some himself. An excellent book, great recipes,and all so easy to follow. I recommend it to anyone who wants to knock up a dinner party in double quick time and still have time to enjoy the wine and guests. Well done, where is book3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This book is excellent. The book shows all the basics! The recipies are simple to make and very tasty. The book is very colourful and well set out. Im 15 and I want to be a chef this book is so helpful because the recipies are not to extravagant. A brilliant buy - You wont be dissappointed!!

The Return of the Naked Chef
The Return of the Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver (Paperback - 14 Sep 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01