Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 September 2013
Such good brain food for anyone - introvert, extrovert, or anything in between. I loved it especially as I am a social person but need downtime...this book helped me to see that's okay. Brilliant, highly recommend.
on 12 August 2014
It all makes sense now! A really enjoyable and well-written explanation of how introverts think and feel. All extroverts should be made to read this to understand it's not that we introverts don't like people.
on 31 July 2013
Intriguing book which resulted in a lot of "ah" moments, as the reasons why I react as I do to some situations. Certainly this book has provided me with the tools to better interact with both personality types.
on 11 February 2013
The newspaper reviews of this book were very complimentary and, whilst I hate 'self-help' books, I do like popular psychology. This book taught me more about myself than I suspected it would or could. I know I am an introvert but I work in a field were being extrovert is generally valued and I have often felt as though my way was 'wrong'. Cain recognises this aspect of personality and over 270 pages manages to say that neither personality type is better than the other, both are valuable and both can learn from each other. Phew, my need for 'me' time is not wrong and avoiding some social occasions isn't a problem.
on 29 September 2013
Not an easy read but keeps u thinking about it for days after
Thinking about everyday things from another viewpoint
Look at world in a new light
Brilliantly insightful
Well recommmended
on 13 December 2015
Too academic for me.
As an introvert, a number of things mentioned in the book were things I already knew. I was looking forward to learning something new but didn't get much out of this book, sorry.
on 25 June 2013
It really helps explain how extroverts and introverts can work together to make great work teams, also just what makes each personality tick.
This should be a mandatory read for all company managers.
on 26 May 2013
brilliant book, such a relief that being quiet isn't the negative thing ive always been told it was. would recommend this to everyone, even if ur not quiet, might lend you an appreciation for ppl who are
on 21 August 2013
This is quite an interesting book to read. It opened up a lot about the human personality which gave me a better understanding of myself as I am an introvert as well. The delivery was very fast as well
on 21 July 2013
How uplifting to read this book. I have been an introvert all my life but have managed to succeed in my chosen career. I have always felt inferior to more outspoken people but not anymore. A great read.