5.0 out of 5 stars Confessional poetry and writings from a wise and humorous soul ...
This is Leonard Cohen. You get tongue-in-cheek self portraits dispersed amongst words that are sometimes funny, sometimes shocking, sometimes brilliant observations and sometimes self depricating honesty that reveals the always human-ness and always unique voice of this living legend of a song writer, writer and poet, Mr. Leonard Cohen.

This guy is Interesting...
Published on 25 Sep 2006 by Laurie Eckhout

3.0 out of 5 stars As a Poet,He's a Great Song Writer.
If you're a Leonard Cohen fan(which I kind of am,which is why I bought this book)then you'll probably like it a lot more than me,but all I kept longing for was another book to read.
There are some good poems,but there is a lot of repetitive themes and mediocre poems as well.
Published on 29 April 2011 by Brizdaz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Leonard Cohen, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
I am pleased with the book. I am a new fan of Leonard Cohn and wish I had been acquainted with his books and particularly his music years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 Jan 2013
L. Carmen Silva "Carmen" (Bergamo, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
For Leonard Cohen lovers, makes a perfect gift too. Illustrated with beautiful drawings by the author himself. You must buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Collection., 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
I have all the man's albums and now I have all his books. Such is my regard for L.Cohen, an objective review is probably a bit of an ask, so i'll be as laconic as possible. If poetry is your thing, then you won't do any better than this. Genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Leonard Cohen.........., 5 Sep 2011
Jax (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
A lovely book of poetry and one or two songs you may be familiar with. I love LC's songs and these poems are just as enjoyable. All fans should enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars book of longing, 9 Mar 2009
bookworm (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
What can you say about Leonard Cohen but that he is magical in all he does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terriffic Cohen!, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: Book of Longing (Paperback)
Humble, wry, worldly-wise and slipping in and out of a mastery of simple language, this is Cohen at his best. If you like this, try an English poet called Fernando Smith, whom i've only recently discovered for myself after being dragged to a performance one wet December night. Think his book "Welcome to the Golden Life" is by an independent publisher - Searle Publishing(at least my copy is), so might not be available through Amazon, but is pretty wonderful and has as varied a range of themes as Cohen presents in the Book of Longing.

3.0 out of 5 stars As a Poet,He's a Great Song Writer., 29 April 2011
Brizdaz (Brisbane,Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Longing (Hardcover)
At least it's given me confidence that even I could write poems just as good,if not better.
Thanks Leonard,but I'll stick to Bukowski for my poetry.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Book of Longing
Book of Longing by Leonard Cohen (Paperback - 2 Aug 2007)
6.99