Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2012
If you love birds and like poetry then this book is for you.It is high on my list of favourites and provides me with hours of pleasure.
on 22 April 2014
As a birder and fan of poetry this was always going to be right up my street. There are some good works within and the birder in me appreciates the attempt to organise the poems systematically.

Agree with the other reviewer that some illustrations would be nice but I don't think their absence really detracts from the book.
on 10 August 2013
A superb anthology of bird poetry, arranged (mostly) by subject. There are many old friends and even more new discoveries. No bells and whistles in what is a simple production, but one to treasure for its content.
on 31 May 2016
Superb selection. Underpinned by the bird poet extraordinaire John Clare's wonderful observational work, Tim Dee and Simon Armitage choose a selection of variety and popularity to please poetry fan and ornithologist alike
on 26 April 2015
If you're interested in our feathered friends, this is the poetry collection for you. Read a poem a day and be inspired, a life-affirming experience for all arm-chair twitchers!
on 17 June 2014
If you love poetry and love birds what could be better? A perfect combination and perfect present too.
St Mary's Books and Prints
on 10 August 2015
Lovely poems through the ages, both well-known and obscure.
on 22 January 2013
Though I agree with all the praise of this book in the other reviews, I do feel it's also a bit of a disappointment, too.

The beautifully illustrated jacket is a big draw, and the inner printed contents are pleasing and plentiful - except that a chance was missed to complete to pleasures with a few colour illustrations. There are two b/w line drawings in one poem ("Mr and Mrs Spikky Sparrow" - !) but that's it for illustrations, book-wide.

Yes, it may have cost a bit more, but for a book like this - we'd pay it, I'm sure.

So - I'll have to content myself with using my lovely colourful "bird" bookmark instead, as I enjoy the contents.

So near ... but so far.