Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 August 2004
..and I'm pleased to say I think he's fantastic. Clarkson is one of those columnists who will actually make you laugh out loud virtually everytime, regardless of the subject. His articles often twist and turn but the next smile or laugh is never far away.
This book is especially great for people that that find it hard to get the time to sit down and read a book. Basically, it's a huge collection of his articles that are roughly two or three pages long each, so you can pick it up and put it down as much as you like.
on 21 November 2006
My girlfriend bought me this book as she knew I'm a big Clarkson fan. I read it over one train journey and I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy clarkson on tv then you'll love the book. As you would expect he is straight to the point whilst being humourous. I have to admit to agreeing with him completely in his views. (well with the exception of his slating of cricket.)
on 10 November 2005
To summarise the content, the book is made up of articles with Jeremy Clarkson has written over the last couple of years, each discussing another area of his experiences.
I found this book really versitile. If you want you can sit down and read it straight, however I thought that its much better to have a flick through and read the articles that catch your eye. Clarkson's anecdotes are very funny and I was often caught laughing out loud to my embarressment. Even though he is a very strong tory, some of his views are hilarious, I recommend this to anyone who is looking for some light-hearted enjoyment.
on 15 July 2004
Right wing. Juvenile. Even silly at points. This is Clarkson at his best. His musings on the world range from incredibly funny (making you wish you could dream up lines like his), to very moving (when he talks about the last flight of the Concorde). This book takes the inner thoughts all people have but are too afraid to voice, grabs them by the scruff of the neck, then boots them up the backside and into the open. A wonderful book to read and great for a laugh. However this is not for the feint hearted.
on 5 September 2006
Not being into cars I wasn't sure what I'd make of this. However once started I found it to be a hilarious read and I ended up finishing this in record time whilst on holiday. Many of the stories made me laugh out loud (much to the annoyance of my children). I'm now working my way though the rest of his publications. Excellent.
on 26 September 2005
Alright, cards on the table, I read the Guardian. Stereotypically I should hate this book. I don't ! It is laugh out loud brilliant ! What does it matter if you don't agree with everything the Clarksonmeister says. Loosen up people. We all know about global warming, we all know the idiots have taken over the asylum. Wouldn't you rather spend your time on earth listening to someone like Jezzer instead of some irony free environmentalist with a sense of humour by-pass?And he won't throw a pie in your face either.
on 27 August 2005
To a large degree there's no sense in reviewing this book as everybody in the UK knows who Jeremy Clarkson is and what he's got to say. Like marmite you already know if you love him or hate him. I do like him but I'd only give this book three stars because it's not really a book. Instead, it's a collection of edited newspaper columns from a couple of years ago repackaged as a book. Entertaining as it is a lot of the material feels very dated and there is no sense of a narrative flow - it's a very clunky read. A book for the poolside, or perhaps on the toilet - how very Clarkson.
on 23 September 2005
I took this book on holiday with my and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud at it so many times. Its now making its way round friends and family who are finding it just as funny. I loved this book, Clarksons whitty quips have you chuckling on every page. Its an insightful veiw of Clarksons world.
The guy is a genius.
If its humor you want buy this book, read it, then share it.
I highly recommend it.
This is a hilarious collection of Clarkson's articles from over the years. He shows us his usual cutting look at life, but in a way that cannot fail to make you smile and laugh out loud. He may be a grumpy old git but he is funny as hell! Perfect for short train journeys as each article is only four pages long and the topics under discussion are so varied there must be something for everyone. Recommended.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 12 June 2005
Telling Clarkson to grow up is most definitely an opinion from someone who does not like to listen to someone else's opinion which is mostly quite true. Clarkson's satirising and hyperbolic style to his writing continues through this book as it has done through every piece of writing Clarkson creates. His quite individual style and humour makes this book as good as the rest. If you don't like to hear some one else's opinion and are likely to want to disagree or mumble to your self in disagreement while reading then this is not the book for you. However if you familiar with Clarkson style from the television and from previous books then you will definitely find this book as funny, opinionated and abusing as the rest.