5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as you expect
Published on 21 Nov 2006 by Mr. Hywel Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars You'll find this funny if you don't take it too seriously
I'm not a huge fan of the big man - but this book was thrust in my face and I was promised faithfully that I would find it funny. I decided to give it a try, given the fact that I only have to read his writing, not look at his face. It's his demeanour that annoys me in the main so I thought I'd be able to cope with his words on their own. And I was right. I could cope...
Published on 3 Mar 2009 by Lucy Felthouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as you expect, 21 Nov 2006
My girlfriend bought me this book as she knew I'm a big Clarkson fan. I read it over one train journey and I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy clarkson on tv then you'll love the book. As you would expect he is straight to the point whilst being humourous. I have to admit to agreeing with him completely in his views. (well with the exception of his slating of cricket.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 5 Sep 2006
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
Not being into cars I wasn't sure what I'd make of this. However once started I found it to be a hilarious read and I ended up finishing this in record time whilst on holiday. Many of the stories made me laugh out loud (much to the annoyance of my children). I'm now working my way though the rest of his publications. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars That funny guy from Top Gear, 27 Aug 2006
Alex Hawke - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
This book contains articles from the Times written by the incredibly insensitive, ironic and distasteful but brilliant Jeremy Clarkson who features in BBC2's Top Gear. I loved this book for the reason that Clarkson portrays everything he talks about in an unreal, yet incredibly addictive way. But I do believe you must at least have watched an episode of Top Gear or seen Clarkson in action, because if you haven't then the way he talks and writes won't come through so clearly.

Also if you have never liked Clarkson then you should probably stay away from this book because it will probably just increase your dislike for him.

He is outspoken in a not very politically correct way, but often true; if not in a very negative and tongue in cheek way. I think that you will enjoy this book and find yourself agreeing with a lot of the things that he writes. It's a good holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's like Marmite - you either love him or hate him, 29 Aug 2004
J. Wood (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
..and I'm pleased to say I think he's fantastic. Clarkson is one of those columnists who will actually make you laugh out loud virtually everytime, regardless of the subject. His articles often twist and turn but the next smile or laugh is never far away.
This book is especially great for people that that find it hard to get the time to sit down and read a book. Basically, it's a huge collection of his articles that are roughly two or three pages long each, so you can pick it up and put it down as much as you like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book., 13 Mar 2006
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
You can't help laughing when you read this book, helped in some part by being able to hear him in your head as you read, but some of the subject matter is so funny it's almost not amusing, it's really quite serious stuff he is dealing with in some cases. I love this man's attitude and the way he writes. I can't advise people strongly enough to buy this book, even if only to unite those of us with common sense. If you ever look at the world and keep asking yourself "is it just me?" reading this book will reassure you that you are not alone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 10 Nov 2005
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
To summarise the content, the book is made up of articles with Jeremy Clarkson has written over the last couple of years, each discussing another area of his experiences.
I found this book really versitile. If you want you can sit down and read it straight, however I thought that its much better to have a flick through and read the articles that catch your eye. Clarkson's anecdotes are very funny and I was often caught laughing out loud to my embarressment. Even though he is a very strong tory, some of his views are hilarious, I recommend this to anyone who is looking for some light-hearted enjoyment.

4.0 out of 5 stars As if Clarkson doesn't say enough on Top Gear!, 11 Jan 2007
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
I bought this more as an impulse off here - it was just under a pound, so at that price its well worth a try. And what a bargain it was! I'll admit, I've always had mixed opinions about the man himself - sometimes he can a little too far with his jokes and the likes of Top Gear, and obvious set ups (Taking and M-16 rifle on a carvan holiday?...) but netherless, his book shows the side of him I like, picking out the dubious, stupid, funny, and downright clueless things he see's in our society. The book is basically just his columns from The Telegraph from about 2001 onwards, but its an easy read not just because of it humerous content, and ideas that make you go "Yeah, I thought that!" but because the story's have the length of articles, it means you won't be putting the book mark in the middle of one of his rants.

He has some fine laugh-out loud ideas, as well as the more realistic options, that cover I wide range of issues - what he's seen on his travels in europe, laws, people, you name it. And the book doesnt scrounge on the pages too, so you'll be reading it for a long time. Great read - highly reccomended, whether your a young adult, or a middle aged grump like Clarkson himself.. at times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!!, 23 Sep 2005
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
I took this book on holiday with my and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud at it so many times. Its now making its way round friends and family who are finding it just as funny. I loved this book, Clarksons whitty quips have you chuckling on every page. Its an insightful veiw of Clarksons world.
The guy is a genius.
If its humor you want buy this book, read it, then share it.
I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light & Easy, 13 Jan 2006
deadteddy (Bridgend) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
This book is made up of articles the Mr. Clarkson has written over the past couple of years. It's topics range from restaurants to Germans and everything in between, including the office christmas party and how to tell when you've finally become old.
I found this book to be a nice and easy read, very easy to pick up but not so easy to put down again. It is the perfect book for a quick read too, with every article only usually spanning a couple of pages it's the kind of book that you can delve into for a few minutes get a fix of humour and then if you have to, put it back down again until you need that next flick through. There is no doubt that this is obviously all Clarkson's opinion and you're not going to agree with all of it but you'll be hard pressed not to find something here that will have you laughing out loud and thinking "He's right you know!"
All in all it is a very amusing book with some very interesting opinions and well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the muts nuts, 25 Feb 2006
This review is from: The World According to Clarkson (Paperback)
The master at his very best. Laugh a minute entertainment. You'll keep reading it over and over again - and still laugh even though you know what's coming. Brilliant !!

The World According to Clarkson
The World According to Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson (Paperback - 26 May 2005)