Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 December 2013
What a roller coaster of a ride...
Mistakes always catch up to us but don't have to ruin us. Brilliant
on 23 January 2014
my second and last foray into adele parks - cant waste any more of my life on this predictable chick lit
on 23 May 2015
Good way to pass the time but I just didn't get hooked & felt too predictable. Her latest is fantastic
on 5 October 2014
What a great book loved it cant wait to read more story was very sad and happy well done clare
on 6 June 2005
Romantic and passionate and oh how the complications arise in this wonderful novel. Sure to be a joy to read. So far this is number 1 on my list of best reads with Fire In The Ice being number 2.
on 12 March 2006
Like Adele's other novels, this is a witty and entertaining read. However, there were aspects of it which failed to convince.
Firstly, and this is just a personal view, I found bigamy a strange theme to choose - I'm sure it must happen, but very rarely - I've certainly never known a bigamist, so don't see it as a compelling issue that many people could relate to.
Secondly, I'm not sure that you can impulsively go and get married one afternoon - don't you have to make arrangements in advance? And, if you can, why keep it a secret? That seemed a bit convenient in terms of the way the plot developed.
Finally, the plot relies on coincidence and so loses credibility.
All in all, an enjoyable holiday read but a bit far-fetched.
on 26 July 2005
I read this book and could barely put it down. Well worth reading with a fuzzy-feeling ending! Great for chick-lit lovers.
on 23 May 2015
Excellent read just goes to show people are not what they seem but brilliant ending
on 21 January 2015
you really need to be a quiet surroundings when reading this book, very good
on 13 February 2015
A ridiculous plot. Not yet finished it, reading other things in between.