Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 September 2015
One of the better books of this type, which often have the same dreary poems, I find it very useful in my work as a celebrant
on 28 January 2013
Very useful book with a good selection which was a great help when planning a very sad family occasion at short notice.
on 4 January 2016
I have sent this to a lady whose husband died without warning on New Years Eve..i hope it will give her some comfort
on 15 December 2013
this item has done the job for me,I wanted a different angle for readings at my mums funeral. it gave me ideas....
on 29 April 2014
Good collection. Will use most of them so a good purchase. Also nicely laid out with one poem per page.
on 23 October 2012
I found this to be most suitable for funerals and other sombre occasions. My daughter chose a poem to read from this book when her horse, Margaret, died of old age. When my cousin knew her pet dachshund, Jeff, hadn't long to live, I lent her this book and she found comfort and solace in the words therein. My only criticism rests with the over-pervasive 'death/breath' rhyming couplet. However, we were able to add the deceased dog's name to make a convincing triplet: death/breath/Jeff.

I would have liked poems for people who have died whom you didn't care for that much.

Quite a few people like a 'comedy' funeral nowadays -no vicar, a wool coffin and something acoustic by that dead woman. To this end, a limerick or two wouldn't have gone amiss. Something like:

There was a young man called Ted
Who woke up one day and was dead
So his loving wife Em
Took him down to the Crem
Where he was incinera - ted.

or

We're here for our loving friend Sue
Who now is a pale shade of blue
She's cold and she's still
Like her late husband Bill
Who pegged it in '72.

or

It's Alex's terminal inaction
Which has led to your violent reaction
Cos you all know quite well
That that distinctive smell
Is the scent of one man's putrifaction

Please bear this in mind for the next edition.
on 9 April 2015
Very pleased with this book which will provide inspiration when planning funerals
on 23 October 2015
Does what it says 'on the tin'. A varied selection to suit any such occasion.
on 19 November 2014
Helped my family choose an appropriate reading for a difficult bereavement
on 14 May 2015
Good poems, a collection with a variety of choice.