5.0 out of 5 stars Fell in love with this book
This is the best Lisa Jewell book I've read since Ralph's Party (my first Lisa Jewell book) which I found at my local bookstore in the states. Now I come to the Amazon UK site to get my Lisa fix! This book was funny, sweet, sad...and brought back memories of first loves and how easily they come and go. Would recommend!
Published on 29 July 2006 by N. Stuart

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough !
Published 12 months ago by Mavee

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa Jewell at her best, 27 Mar 2013
I have read, re-read and loved every one of Lisa Jewells books. Every single one has touched my heart in a different way, and I always pass them onto my friends so they can love them too. Although it is very hard to choose I think this one may be my favourite. Prepare to be charmed, hopeful, happy and sad, and to fall in love with Vince and Joy. Highly recommended, read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best love story in years!, 26 Feb 2007
sam155 (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
I love Lisa Jewell. She escapes the cliches of chick lit by giving us warm, flawed but ultinately lovable characters, both old, young, male and female. So much chick lit is about irritating self obsessives whose male best friend has been in love with them all along and I'm tired of being talked down to. Reading a Lisa Jewell book is like a long gossipy phone call about people you know. I was dying to know what heppned next and pleased that in Vince and Joy it wasn't roses all the way. Even the wild coincidences that brought them back together were feasible and credible. It such a satisying and enjoyable read I turned the telly off and sat in silence reading all evening and thoroughly flipping enjoyed myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and deep... unexpectedly beautiful!, 4 July 2007
titta (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
I have found this book in a goodie bag I've received at the London Fashion Show in February: the title was dull, the cover didn't appeal to me at all, nor did the synopsis on the back, and I've put it aside for months.
When I got around to read it, finally, I have found an incredibly fantastic story: the two main characters are deeply analysed, the events are romantic and sweet without being "too" romantic and sweet, it's funny when it's supposed to be funny and it's serious when it's supposed to be serious. It was simply perfect, I cannot wait to read more from this author, who has already jumped in my list of favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent excellent excellent!, 22 Aug 2005
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
I'm not usually one to gush but since falling in love with Ralph's Party a few years ago I have followed Lisa's progress and read all her books - I have to say that this recent offering is THE Best yet. So real, with characters you can really believe in, it is just such a great story, will equal mixtures of joy and tears, and a few twists you just didn't see coming. I could not put it down and neither will you. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, 17 Feb 2006
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
The story grips you from the begining and there are so many characters that you "recognise" or know from somewhere. It was an emotional rollercoaster. Some parts very touching and emotional, you feel like you are right there with them in the book. Dont take this book on holiday unless all you do is sit and read...you wont be able to put it down! Definately my favourite of all Lisa Jewells books...and maybe all time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Aug 2005
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
Just could not put this book down!! Lisa Jewell's books just get better and better. Both Vince and Joy totally believable charactors - you feel that you are part of their lives. Anyone who grew up as a teenager in the 1980's will identify with this book. You experience every crisis with them. All I can say is bring on the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the one that got away?, 22 Mar 2006
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
Remember the one that got away? Remember thinking what might happen if you were to see them again? This book totally explores this theory in a poigniant, and at times, annoyingly realistic way, that makes you keep turning those pages!!! I couldn't put the book down.
Laugh out loud funny and heart-wrenchingly serious I think we've all experienced this at some point!!! Buy it, read it, you won't regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you believe in fate?, 13 Sep 2006
Ms. H. Polhill "Hellynt" (Solihull, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
Well this book is for you. A story about lives/paths crossing and never quite being fulfilled, a feeling like you are missing something that would make you whole. Being a believer in fate, this was right up my street and I couldn't put the book down - I was constantly turning the page begging the characters to bump into each other and put me out of my misery. Another star quality book by Lisa Jewell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in a long time!!, 24 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
After reading various 'chick lit' books, all with similar story lines (you know the ones, single magazine editor looking for love, married women bored with their lives etc) I picked this one off the shelf hoping for something a bit different. It lived up to my expectations and more. This book is brilliantly written, and the story line is one that most can relate to. You can really warm to the characters. Would recommend this book to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough !, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
I suppose in just not used to reading chic fic im in my mid sixties so a late starter read" The house we grew up in "and loved it from start to finish but what i have learnt about a couple of Lisa jewels books is they start of enthralling as this did but i loose interest towards the end . This went on way too long for me should have finished about 4 chapters before the end ? It's fantasy gone too far for me . Loved how they met but ending was truly unbelievable to say the least . have got another 4 of her books to read as did mass buy after my first read so hoping for the best !

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Vince and Joy
Vince and Joy by Lisa Jewell (Paperback - 4 Aug 2005)