5.0 out of 5 stars Fell in love with this book
This is the best Lisa Jewell book I've read since Ralph's Party (my first Lisa Jewell book) which I found at my local bookstore in the states. Now I come to the Amazon UK site to get my Lisa fix! This book was funny, sweet, sad...and brought back memories of first loves and how easily they come and go. Would recommend!
Published on 29 July 2006 by N. Stuart

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough !
I suppose in just not used to reading chic fic im in my mid sixties so a late starter read" The house we grew up in "and loved it from start to finish but what i have learnt about a couple of Lisa jewels books is they start of enthralling as this did but i loose interest towards the end . This went on way too long for me should have finished about 4 chapters before the...
Published 8 months ago by Mavee

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell in love with this book, 29 July 2006
N. Stuart "Almost Poetic" (San Diego, California USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Vince and Joy by Lisa jewell, 1 Mar 2006
Z. Vasey "zozzlipops" (Rothwell, Leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
Absolutely brilliant makes you want to shout out loud at the twists and turns of the plot. Switches from one character to the other so you are aware of how they are both feeling and so have a real desire for it to work out in the end causing you to keep on reading until you get there and believe me you wont be disappointed by the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved This book, 16 Aug 2005
Mrs Bev Jordan (MACCLESFIELD, CHESHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
This book had me gripped from page 1, I have read all of Lisa Jewell's other books and this one is, in my opinion, her best book. I read the book in 2 days and 'got in to it' so much that I feel that now i've finished reading the book i'm missing the characters and would love her to write a sequel. It's so much better than just 'Chick Lit' - Men would love this book too!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 12 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
I liked the concept of this book, and the way it progressed over the years -from 1986 to present. I enjoyed reading about Vince and Joy's lives, and the relationships they had. I was so intriqued to see if they would ever hook up again. It was a good read, and I enjoyed the characters. They were likeable and believable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "JOY" TO READ, 31 July 2005
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
Sorry, terrible pun but it was a joy to read. Liza Jewell's novels get better and better! I had this delivered on the Friday afternoon and I'd finished it by the next morning (and I did get a full night's sleep!) This is the story of Vince and Joy who meet by chance as teenagers at a grotty caravan park, quickly fall passionately in love and just as suddenly split. Their story continues in twists and turns until the final satisfactory conclusion. There are no real suprises in the plot but it is so well written it keeps you captivated to the very end. Anyone in their thirties who has grown up living in London will especially identify with Liza's novels. They are far more intelligent than your average "chick-lit" and in fact I would recommend her novels to men as well as women. She is able to make people and plots as colourful, rich and full-bodied as the bottles of wine her characters drink!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stella!!!!!!, 14 Jan 2007
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book and I couldn't put it down. I don't think I would class it as chick lit as it seems to step out of the whole cliche of Marketing Exec meets new boss, who has more than one woman on the go.. It is also very refreshing to read a mans pov... Well done again Lisa and hurry up with writing your next novel as I among a lot of your other fans are eager to buy it..

:0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 27 Feb 2006
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
Cuddly chick lit from the tape-to-tape generation.
Vince and Joy met in the mid Eighties whilst in their late teens. Years, careers, aspirations and relationships went by. Every now and again circumstance would bring them together, then drag them apart.
We join Vince in the early hours (and late bottles) of a Sunday morning at a friend's dinner party. This dinner party narrative cleverly navigates the journey through Vince and Joy's twenties and early thirties.
Beautifully written, an easy read. Couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fate Exists, 22 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
This was a really really wonderful book to read. The irony throughout left me gripping onto the pages and sometimes wanting to rip them out! After Joy & Vince meet in a caravan park and experience what appears to be love&lust at first sight, they experience together everything they've never had with anyone, all in a matter of a few days. The overwhelming transition from puberty into an adult leaves them to develop relationships with others throughout their lives - even though at the back of their mind, because they never said a proper goodbye, they still are left clinging onto what could have been. This nostalgia turns into reality as both Vince & Joy find themselves closer and closer to being together, but then so suddenly hat opportunity is taken away from them.
It's an awesome book, and if fate exists, let it exist the way it's been written in this book. Buy it, Read it, Treasure it. Well done Lisa Jewell - I LOVE your work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa Jewell at her best, 27 Mar 2013
I have read, re-read and loved every one of Lisa Jewells books. Every single one has touched my heart in a different way, and I always pass them onto my friends so they can love them too. Although it is very hard to choose I think this one may be my favourite. Prepare to be charmed, hopeful, happy and sad, and to fall in love with Vince and Joy. Highly recommended, read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read., 14 Sep 2005
Hayley Savage "hellokitty" (berks, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vince and Joy (Paperback)
This was the first Lisa Jewell book I've read. I saw it in the shop and picked it up because it had an interesting cover. I read it in a couple of days, and couldn't put it down-it's a real page turner.
The story was excellent and I couldn't wait to finish it to find out what was going to happen, but then I was disappointed when I did finish it because it was so gripping and there was no more of it to read! I hope there is a sequel so we can find out what will happen with Vince and Joy.
I have since been out and bought all of Lisa's other books!

Vince and Joy
Vince and Joy by Lisa Jewell (Paperback - 4 Aug 2005)
5.59