5.0 out of 5 stars Golden buddha is Golden
In Golden Buddha Cussler breaks from his formula to write an exellent story about a private spy networks attempts to put the Dalai Lama back in his rightful place as leader of Tibet. The novel moves at a fast pace, as Juan Cabrillo, and his co-conspirators attempt to thwart the Russian, and Chinese military, and intelligence services.
I have been a long time fan of...
Published on 13 Oct. 2003 by J. J Kamlani

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.
Published 18 months ago by Jason

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden buddha is Golden, 13 Oct. 2003
J. J Kamlani "jotuj" (Fairfield, Connecticut United States) - See all my reviews
I have been a long time fan of Mr. Cussler's and this book confirms why; in his mid-seventies, while other authors take the take the easy road of formula writing, Cussler continues to re-invent the action-adventure novel.Simply put; As head of Numa(Nation Underwater Marine Agency) Mr. Cussler has no equal!
Lots of fun to read. Pure escapism, and a lot of fun to be had by all readers! I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled by this, or any of his novels. Highly reccommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 29 Aug. 2013
I never thought the day would come when I would give a Clive cussler novel a one star rating. I am a huge c.c. fan and have been for years. Up until a few months ago however I had only been reading Dirk Pitt stories. This changed when I spotted the Oregon files books three and four on offer and decided to give them a try. Glad I did as they were excellent. So I went onto amazon to buy the first one in this series, golden Buddha, expecting it to be as entertaining and thrilling as all of his other books. This was not the case. From as early as the first chapter I knew something was wrong, it just didn't have a Clive cussler ' feel ' to it. Story line was weak and boring. I read untill page 238 before deciding to stop. This is the first c.c. book I have read that has been co-authored with Craig Dirgo ( not sure how many others they have wrote together ). Coincidence? Probably not. This book has not put me of c.c. however I will think twice before choosing one with Craig Dirgo on the front

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly enjoyable book, 22 Oct. 2004
I really enjoy reading Golden Bouddah and greatly recommand it. At first, I was reluctant to leave Numa and Dirk Pitt but I found Juan Cabrillo and the Oregon ship just a good.
The book follows the same patern as the Dirk Pitt adventures: starting in the past, then jumping back to the present time and bit by bit, the puzzle falls into place.
For me, it's really a book I coudn't wait to pick it up again... and now that I've finished it, I can't wait to start reading "Sacred Stone", the second of the Oregon files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 15 Mar. 2013
Read the jungle and thought I should read the entire series so I started art the beginning and it did not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 7 Mar. 2013
Although I have already read some of the "Oregon" books, this one was fabulous. The book was all action and unput-downable. I was always wanting to read on to see what the outcome of that particular phase was but sleep often got the better of me. A book I would thoroughly recommend. Total action all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 10 Feb. 2013
Steve (Middlestown Wakefield) - See all my reviews
captures you from the first page, very hard book to put down. felt as though I was in the adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Cussler book, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Golden Buddha: Oregon Files #1 (Paperback)
Another book from the large Clive Cussler range

As per the others,good guys beat bad,an enjoyable and easy read like his other books and always good to have one of his books at hand when waiting for the latest James Rollins,andy Mcdermott,Chris Kuzneski,David Golemon,David Gibbins and the like to bring their latest out as one thing you can guarantee about Cussler is that he is regular.

i do tend to favour his Dirk Pitt and Fargo adventures but lets not be too picky,you know the plots and if you like Cusslers way of writing you will buy the book and enjoy it for what it is,if you don't,tough,i liked it and will continue buying his books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mmm, not this time....., 9 July 2014
A. F. Prestwich (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
Fast paced, far fetched, a typical Cussler book. This time I feel the story is just too over the top. Eventually you have to step back from continually having your hero and heroines riding rough shod over all laws on land and sea and having access to anything and everything they want; if you do not then the excitement of the book is diminished and I am afraid I felt this happened with this offering. I finished it but at times I was hoping the end would come sooner as it was just lacked real suspense. On a good day Cussler and his co-writers can produce an excellent book, on others you feel that they rushed one out to satisfy an annual quota.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really, Really Disappointing, 2 Oct. 2013
Hans Van Gelder (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a CC fan, almost had read all his books, and when the OREGON was mentioned, I thought it was a promising idea. I'm 5/8 of the way through this book, and I'm going to stop. A lot of non-sense, too many character to keep track of, but the story is just SOOOOOO weak and corny....I really hope is just because of the other author....will go on to read #2 of the OREGON Files see if this is just a fluke or a trend.....Oh, by the way, don't waste your time....

5.0 out of 5 stars New hero, but still good old Cussler, 23 April 2009
Espen Hult (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golden Buddha: Oregon Files #1 (Paperback)
In the new series the Oregon Files, Cussler introduces a new hero, Juan Cabrillo and his team of mercenaries onboard the old (looking) ship the Oregon. But the cast, plot and storytelling is still pure Cussler at his best!

Golden Buddha is the first book i a series of six books (so far) about the Oregon and Juan Cabrillo. The books can be read individually, but your probably better of starting with this, and read on from here.

Golden Buddha: Oregon Files #1
Golden Buddha: Oregon Files #1 by Craig Dirgo (Paperback - 24 Mar. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01