Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 December 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The dry, ironic humour very much to my taste. Interesting to know that people (e.g. J.K.Jerome) in the 19th century had similar thoughts to our own.
on 3 May 2013
I have always loved this book even though it was written over 100 years ago. It still makes me laugh and I am so glad now to have the Kindle version so it is available to read any time.
on 17 April 2014
Hadn't read it for at least 40years. It was mentioned on the radio so i thought i would download and read. It was a joy to read again. Still a good read although seems dated in places.
on 13 February 2013
Makes one's mind jump back to many a time serving prolonged periods outdoors.

Makes one who has not been along the Thames appreciate just how much splendour it has to offer.
on 9 February 2014
I loved the humour in this book. Not sure I will check out the sequel, I'm happy to leave it at this, but somehow it's wetted my appetite for bungling about on a boat come the summer!
on 15 November 2013
I read this because it's a "classic" and I "should". I wasn't sure what to expect but it was an enjoyable read and unlike anything else I've read in terms of content.
on 5 November 2014
this book is a very good story i liked the plot and i would get more books from this person if you want a good book to read you should read this book this review is by lyndsey king
on 9 March 2008
Taffybird and Stanton - I totally agree with your reviews. One of the funniest books ever written. I have read it countless times and the humour is still relevant today. Classic.
on 11 March 2015
Very funny, a great read that has not dated. I read this after my partner had read it having spent several nights listening to him laughing and smiling while engrossed in the book.
on 23 August 2014
Lots of laugh out loud funny parts, especially George's comic songs and the girls towing the boat.

Great descriptions of the Thames. The book has stood the test of time.