5.0 out of 5 stars Another great well alliterated text
Lynley Dodd is one of my children's favourite authors. It is great that we no longer have to go 'down under' to be able to buy them.
This is almost as good as the original Hairy MacClarey from Donaldson's Dairy. You'll admire the poetry of the words, the rhythmn of the sentences, and the alliteration of the words.
Best read out loud.
Published on 7 Dec. 2005 by Derby TFSR

3.0 out of 5 stars OKay
Published 11 months ago by RainDrops

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great well alliterated text, 7 Dec. 2005
Best read out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lynley Dodd "Scarface Claw", 3 Nov. 2003
Reanda Shaw "Paperplane" (Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
Once again a truely irresistable book that made my son giggle. Lynley Dodd's works are for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarface Claw paperback, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
We had to buy this book, following on from the famous original Hairy Maclary from Donaldsons Dairy book, as it was my daughters favourite character in that story, and its a great carry on, and keeps you entertained all over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Parent, 20 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
What a fantastic book! My 19 month old son absolutely adores this being read over and over. As parents we are very partial to the author Lynley Dodd, her books are just brilliant. We have a collection of them and enjoy reading them on a daily basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarface Claw, brilliant book in perfect condition!, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
My son loves the Hairy Mclary books and seems to be very interested in Scarface Claw. So I bought him this book all about Scarface and how he/she is afraid of nothing, not a thing except.... well that would be telling. Buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars OKay, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
We love the Hairy Maclary stories in our house. This is not a favourite. Its okay, just a bit lacking I think. It isn't asked for night after night, only occasionally. Not much to the story, only one line on some pages, we like all the rhyming verses typically found in the other stories, like Hairy Maclary and Zaccary Quack, or Slinky Malinki Open The Door. Nice but not as good as others.

5.0 out of 5 stars The badest cat in town, 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
This is a great story in the superb Hairy Maclary collection. My 3yr old grand-daughter loves the story which she saw acted out in the stage show. Loves to imagine Scarface Claw roaming round our garden. I love the way the book is written for reading aloud as the language gives a good pace for reading. Also the illustrations in the book are really well done and adds to the story.

2.0 out of 5 stars No story arc. Just ends up being a description of Scarface. Disappointing., 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
This cat is a god and a legend in the eyes of my 1 year old and she nearly fell off her bumbo when I bought her this book. It's very disappointing as there is no story arc. No jolly adventure. It ends up being a description of the cat. Lynley Dodd the magic of Hairy was that it followed one of the 7 classic story forms. Please write more books with this in mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not the best in the series, 4 July 2011
J. Harford (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
My son has most of the Hairy Mclarey series and he loves finding scarface claw in the books. This book therefore seemed like an obvious addition to the collection. It is a nice book and has the usual charm of the other books in the series, but there is something lacking from this one. I guess there's just only so much you can write about a grumpy cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to the Hairy Maclary set, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
Our daughter loves the "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy" book and her favourite page is the one with scarface claw on it. This book has therefore proved very popular and our 19 month old often picks it off the shelf. Shame it isn't a board book but this is a good size and light enough to pop in a bag when going out.

Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends) by Lynley Dodd (Paperback - 3 July 2003)