Published on 7 May 2009 by Easterchick

3.0 out of 5 stars Angelina - a bad influence
This was interesting. We love Angelina books but this one really teaches that bad behaviour is ok. We have stopped reading this as I think it is confusing .... when Angelina slams her bedroom door and throws things and breaks things, she gets a cuddle from her mummy. My daughter is 3 - maybe she is too young!
Published on 17 May 2008 by Pink fairy

4.0 out of 5 stars An example of poor parenting? But good for discussing feelings, 7 May 2009
Easterchick (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Angelina's Baby Sister (Paperback)
We bought this for our daughter who is expecting a baby sister this summer. The premise of the book is that Angelina is, temporarily, not the 'star of the show' and it talks about how she finds it difficult to cope with the sudden lack of attention! Now, you may well as I did be a bit suprised at the lack of sensitivity and parenting skills displayed by Angelina's parents and grandparents when the new baby arrives, but she who casts the first stone etc etc....

Anyhow, what we liked best about this book, apart from the excellent illustration, was that the message is it's OK to feel a bit left out and maybe even a bit angry when a new baby arrives, but that it will pass and a time will come when you will even be friends with your baby sister (or brother, but this is an all round 'girly' book). I think it's normal for kids to kick off a bit when a sibling arrives, but so often this aspect is totally missed out of baby brother/ sister books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, 26 Feb. 2004
Kurt A. Johnson (Marseilles, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angelina's Baby Sister (Hardcover)
In this next book in the Angelina Ballerina series, Angelina can hardly await the arrival of her mom's new baby. However, when the baby arrives, she finds that the baby is now the center of everyone's attention. Wracked with jealousy, Angelina has a lesson to learn...
This is a very cute book. I like the lesson that it taught, and my daughter and I both loved the story and the wonderful illustrations. This is a good book, one that we highly recommend to you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Angelina - a bad influence, 17 May 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my daughter's favourites!, 19 Nov. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Angelina's Baby Sister (Paperback)
A lovely book and one of my daughter's bedtime favourites. I bought this book for my daughter knowing that she has little sister on the way. She particularly enjoys books of her favourite TV characters and has recently started ballet classes. Highly recommend.

Angelina's Baby Sister
Angelina's Baby Sister by Katharine Holabird (Paperback - 30 Aug. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01