5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful and humorous read.
I read this book quite a few years ago as a child, and loved it. Even when I read it now, it still brings a smile to my face.
The poems are about animals, as the title would suggest, but often the more gruesome child-like side. For example, the poem about Daisy the cow, my personal favourite.
The rhyming schemes and lengths of the poems vary, which keeps the...
Published on 10 Mar 2005 by S. Rawson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not in very good
Condition stated as very good, but cover very worn and discoloured. I feel you need to review how you rate the condition of your books. Knew this would be a used book but " very good" doesn't match the condition of this book.
Published 2 months ago by Mrs Sally Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful and humorous read., 10 Mar 2005
S. Rawson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Picture Puffins) (Paperback)
The rhyming schemes and lengths of the poems vary, which keeps the book interesting.
I would recommend this book for children and parents alike, as it is funny yet makes poetry seem fun and easy. As a child, I remember wanting to write my own poetry like it. 7 years later, I am doing so for my A Level English Language work. It is book that is difficult to forget, but for all the right reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun collection of rhyming tales sure to bring a smile, 18 Jun 2001
A favourite bedtime book for my two children 4,6, which I thoroughly enjoy reading. Short tales about people and animals written in rhyming verse, with a "naughty" hint to them which leaves us all smiling. A great fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An all rounder for children and adults alike., 5 Oct 2000
By A Customer
We took this audiobook with us in the car on holiday and we all thoroughly enjoyed the Roald Dahl magical humour. We played it over and over again to the point when we knew the verses by heart! The children loved it so much that I have now bought the book as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not in very good, 11 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read for old and new readers alike!, 4 April 2014
E. Sommer "amazonlovr" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Hardcover)
Growing up in North London meant nothing without Roald Dahl, including rushing home for the revolting rhymes shown on TV after school! His revolting rhymes and dirty beasts collections are an absolute pleasure to read - have to be read out loud though for more enjoyment! And Quentin Blake's amazing illustrations just bring this piece to life. An absolute must for old and new readers alike!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
I bought this as a gift and I have had no adverse comments from the recipients, so I am assuming it is OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for your little beasties!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
I overheard one of the mums reading this to her daughter and loved it. Not dissimilar to Julia Donaldson's books. I'm sure my son's going to enjoy it as it's a nice easy read for a seven year old, very humourous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
My Niece suggested this for my Great Nephew as a present, gave this 5 stars just because it is Roald Dahl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book with my children and now I am enjoying reading it with my grand children. Roald Dahl's wicked humour and wonderful way with words is timeless. A treat for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
Bought this for my 4 year old & 2 year old after reading a copy at their grandma's & they absolutely love it! They both find it hilarious, & we really enjoy reading the stories. Would definitely recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dirty Beasts (Picture Puffins)
Dirty Beasts (Picture Puffins) by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 29 Nov 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01