5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful tale with a very meaningful ending...
Published on 1 Jan. 2010 by Little Piggie

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad book
I remember starting this book as a child in the school library but never finished it so now I have! It is quite good but not as good as I expected because the illustrations weren't as/detailed as I remember because it is a newer edition with different illustrations. They are still good and must have taken a long time and there are lots of them and quite big, but you can't...
Published 23 months ago by Sophie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful tale with a very meaningful ending..., 1 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
This book is a true classic, and in my opinion one of Dahl's best! The first time I came accross it was in Yr 3 when our class teacher read it to us (31 mixed pupils aged 7-8) and we all loved it! The illustrations are beautiful and the story truly classic! Dahl knows exactly how to keep children hanging on his every word. Guranteed that girls and boys aged 6+ will love it. This story features a Little Boy called Little Billy who is warned by his mother never to go into the forest opposite their house, because a vicious monster lives there! Little Billy disobeys his mother and goes into the forest where he comes face to face with the monster and befriends the Minpins.
The story is similar to that of The Borrowers and features a lovely end note. A must have for the bookshelf!
Reviewer aged 13.

5.0 out of 5 stars the minpins - roald dahl, 23 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
A friend bought this book for my seven year old son. He had spoken of it being read to his class, but I had not heard of it. He had told me he wanted to buy it, but I could never remember the name. After reading this story over two nights, I will never forget it. My son was engrossed in the imaginative, but familiar style of Dahl. Although the illustrations were not Quentin Blake, they were nonetheless fantastically detailed and greatly enlightened the trip to the forest. This story is lovely. I look forward to reading it over and over, and my son will, without doubt want to read it repeatedly to himself. This book is not one of the most well known - but it should be. An absolute delight to have on the shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating magic!, 7 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
Billy wanders into the woods and is trapped there by the Red-Hot Smoke-Belching Gruncher. He encounters the tiny Minpins who live in trees, fly on birds and walk upside down on branches with suction boots. With their help Billy defeats the scary monster and returns home. This is a beautifully written and illustrated book. My six year old was absolutely captivated by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 17 Jan. 2011
V. HIGHAM "Victoria" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
I bought this story for my son who is 5. He absolutely loves it. He is starting to get fed up with the shorter picture books as he can read them on his own, so we wanted to get a longer story to share at bedtime.

It is a little long if you wanted a short bedtime story, and when we picked it up I intended to read it over 2 nights, but we got slightly carried away and read it through in just one sitting.

He has asked for this to be re-read and re-read and has drawn lots of pictures of what he thinks the monster looks like.

Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story, Wonderful Illustration!, 6 Aug. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Minpins (Picture Puffins) (Paperback)
As soon as I unwrappd this book I was stunned by the wonderful illustration work, the story was excellent too! Very difficult to give it to my son, I wanted to keep it for myself!

4.0 out of 5 stars I still search for minpins in the woods, 2 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
I remember being read this story at primary school and it captured the whole class' imagination. We later took a class trip to an arbouretum and we all convinced ourselves we could see minpins in the trees. This is the kind of book that will stay with you for life. I true classic and magical in every sense of the word.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth a read, 25 July 2011
J. Hurds (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
Ordered this for the children in my class when they discovered it's existence while doing some research about Roald Dahl - glad they found it as it is a really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, brilliant.......buy it!, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
my son loved this when he was 4 1/2 and still loves it now. great imagination and pictures that we never tire of reading. good for adults too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true classic, 28 Oct. 2009
E. Leach (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
Brilliant read. I remember both having this read to me and reading it myself as a child and loving it! Think I might buy it again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Aaaaaah, 12 Feb. 2007
This review is from: The Minpins (Picture Puffins) (Paperback)
Bloody scary. I thought so when I was three - now I'm eighteen and I'm still terrified.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Minpins (Picture Puffins)
The Minpins (Picture Puffins) by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 29 Nov. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01