5.0 out of 5 stars It is sure to become a best-loved book on the book shelf.
This children's classic centres on the adventures of a big skeleton, a little skeleton and a dog skeleton. They venture out from their dark dark cellar in the hope of finding someone to scare. However, since everyone is asleep in bed, they have to make do with scaring themselves. The results of which are hilarious!
One of the great things about this book is that the...
Published on 3 Aug 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor
I realised it was second hand when i ordered it so i expected it to be in a less than original state. What i didnt count on was all the writing and scribling within the book which was not advertised.
Published 2 months ago by Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars It is sure to become a best-loved book on the book shelf., 3 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
One of the great things about this book is that the repetitive nature of the language ("On a dark dark hill, there was a dark dark town. In the dark dark town there was a dark dark street") means children (both readers and non-readers) can easily join in with the rhythm.
It is great fun to read the story one-to-one or with a group of children. It is sure to become a best-loved book on the book shelf. Whilst the story is funny and has great accompanying illustrations, be warned that for children younger than say four, the style and nature of the book may be a little menacing!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 20 Aug 2009
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
In a dark, dark memory...
I used to love this a child and I still love it now! Although Amber doesn't sit still long enough to listen to me reading it to her she loves looking at all the pictures. They are nice and vivid colours. If your child likes books like these Meg and Mog are another good one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Six stars, and even that won't be enough!!!!, 14 Oct 2004
"tom_jones2004" (Rome, Italy, Europe, world, universe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
It's AMAZING! The dramatic plot twists are archetypal of the children's adventure genre. In short, IT ROCKS! I think this book will appeal to the child in all of us. A great way for kids to learn as it juxtaposes humour and biological science as it intergrates to bone structure. The dramatic irony of the mishaps of the midnight trip keeps the audience in suspense and anticipation as to the story's climax. The typical genre conventions such as the full moon, the dark dark house, and the dark dark street, are the epitome of child ghost stories. READ IT! TJ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
My kids love this timeless book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 23 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back memories, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
I bought this to read to my son because I remembered it as a child. It's a bit advanced fir him now but I'm sure he'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 Jun 2014
R. P. Scott (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
My son had this book when he was young. He's now grown up. My daughter remembered the book and asked about it for her young children. I don't know what happened to it, so ordered a new copy. I read the book the moment it arrived. It's just as funny and well illustrated as I remember. I'm sure my grandchildren (and my son and daughter) will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars had this as a child in the 80s, 26 Mar 2014
Tammyanne Marsden (Worksop, Notts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
I had this as a child in the 80s and loved it so when i seen it (while scrolling for books for my kids) I had to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Oldie but a Goodie!, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
This book has been a favourite of mine for years and it's worth getting. People of all ages love this book and it's great for those learning to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Bones, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
Bought this as a replacement for the hardback book my son had as a child which was kept for him, but someone chucked out. Really pleased with this, but would have preferred hardback. At 90 out of my range

Funnybones
Funnybones by Allan Ahlberg (Paperback - 30 Sep 1999)
5.24