5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Buy
Published on 9 Jan. 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars stated in very good condition this was not
Pages were ripped, stated in very good condition this was not so
Published 1 month ago by Honour J.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Buy, 9 Jan. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Slinky Malinki Catflaps (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Paperback)
Slinky Malinki has become a real favourite on my 4 year old duaghter's bookshelf. The illustrations help tell the story beautifully and the rhyming text grabs her attention right from the start. As with any good story, the ending is a real surprise and we both enjoy trying to guess what happened next! I would have no hesitation in buying any of the other titles by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for cat-lovers - with a surprise at the end, 27 Nov. 1999
By A Customer
Everyone in our family (aged two and a half to 31) loves this book. Rhyming text makes it easy to read out loud and enjoyed by the youngest listener. The illustrations are delightful and the twist at the end should show Slinki Malinki that he should never be off his guard - even when cosy and snug on the raggedy rug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 26 July 2006
Mrs. Suzanne Ravenhall (Fareham, Hants) - See all my reviews
This is the book that broke the 4 month exclusivity order my 18 month old daughter had enforced re a book called "Dig Dig Digging"! I was definitely glad of the change!

Great rhymes, brilliant story, and some lovely 'cat speak' that she finds hilariously funny. She's too young to grasp the concept of the surprise at the end just yet, and I'm looking forward the day she realises... This series, plus the Hairy McClary (from Donaldson's Dairy!) books, from the same author, are just great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it!, 24 Nov. 2009
This is a classic book and is the one we read every single night to our son before bedtime. Out of all the lynley Dodd books we own this definatly is the best one! Highly recommend! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars SLINKY MALINKI CATFLAPS, 28 Mar. 2008
A truly enjoyable book which is lovely to read aloud. We loved Hairy Maclairy but Slinky Malinki is the favourite in our house! A brilliant length for bed time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for cat-lovers - with a surprise at the end, 27 Mar. 2000
By A Customer
Everyone in our family (aged two and a half to 31) loves this book. Rhyming text makes it easy to read out loud and enjoyed by the youngest listener. The illustrations are delightful and the twist at the end should show Slinky Malinki that he should never be off his guard - even when cosy and snug on the raggedy rug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 25 Aug. 2008
This is one of our favourite Lynley Dodd books. We've got quite a collection of them now and would highly recommend them to parents of pre-school children. Our little boy loves them and knows almost all the words. Often when you buy follow-up books in a collection, they can be disappointing. But these are so well written, with funny stories, excellent illustrations and rhymes that flow and are easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love it, 26 July 2009
Mrs. N. D. Trott "nmeade7" (London) - See all my reviews
My daughter is 7 months old, and a bit too young to really understand this book yet, but i read it to her for the first time tonight and she stared and gurgled at the pictures and got excited and kicked her legs at certain bits and generally loved it, i think think this will become a firm faverourite in years to come, its a beautiful story and is a lovely read, i reckon this would suit 7 months upwards !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rhymes for little ones, 24 Jun. 2013
Alison (Normandy, France) - See all my reviews
The Slinky Malinki stories, in my opinion, are the best ones from Lynley Dodd (I do, however, prefer cats in general!). My 2-year old daughter and I read this alot, and she repeats many of the vocabulary words. The pictures are just adorable, as are the names of the kitties (Butterball Brown, Greywacke Jones). Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another success to our collection in this series, 12 Sept. 2013
Another lovely addition to our Hairy Maclary set. Our little one seems to like the cats more than the dogs in this range so it is a popular choice. My only disappointment was that this is not a lift the flap book though I suspect that's my own fault for not reading the description properly! Feel they have missed a trick there...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Slinky Malinki Catflaps (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
Slinky Malinki Catflaps (Hairy Maclary and Friends) by Lynley Dodd (Paperback - 24 Feb. 2000)