Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2008
I love this book! It is charming and funny with unexpected twists and turns, rich in imagery, poetic expression and beautifully descriptive words. There is at least as much to enjoy now I am an adult, as there was when I received the book as a child. Re-reading the book now the vocabulary looks quite complicated but I don't recall having this impression when younger and if anything coming across new words embedded in an exciting tale encouraged me to use my dictionary and contributed to my love of literature and writing.
on 27 August 2008
I thought this book was funny and imaginative. There are many references to country pursuits which interested my children, there are plenty of jokes, many puns on words and phrases that I appreciated but had to explain to my children before they understood what was funny along the lines of he held his head in his hands then he held it in his feet. The plot is complicated but very interesting if a little rambling at times. On the whole a nice gift for a child of ten and under.
on 1 August 2012
Touring Scotland recently we passed a place which sounded like Lochnagarthe title of this book. I remembered the book and decide to buy it for our 5 year old granddaughter. She loves it. For an adult it is sometimes difficult to understand why children love something, this book is in that class. It is well written but for me the illustrations are wispy washy for a child.
Peebee
on 5 April 2014
Read this years ago but have just re-discovered it. My daughter loved the story and accompanying DVD. Fun for adults to read too.
on 16 April 2016
No problems with delivery. The actual story was too long, without thread and did not like it at all. I do not believe this is for children.
on 23 September 2013
Very good value for money, arrived on time,excellent service. Story seems very good, but bought for a present so haven't read it all!
on 15 September 2007
i believe that prince charles should stick to whay he does best nothing at all.